Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you G3...Paul Gilbert fans....enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you G3...Paul Gilbert fans....enjoy.

Heres a couple so enjoy.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Soap; 02-24-2007, 01:12 AM.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Fuh ... kin ... A !!!!!

The man can play ! Luv it !!!

I have my tickets !!!

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
      The man can play !

No question. But the thing that bothers me about Paul Gilbert is that he is the epitome of "all technique, no feel" IMO. That first clip is Gilbert shredding for over 5 minutes, but does he really say anything? There's no beginning or end, no real theme, nothing to grab the listener. Just a bunch of fast notes. His new solo album is more of the same. The songs seem to wander aimlessly. (Just my opinion. Not trying to offend anyone.)

Comment

Look... there are people who seem to care about his style, me included. So that's how he and the rest alike survives. I've seem people calling Paganini - mindless shredding etc. So go figure On the other hand - traditional american blues and blues/rock leaves me cold and bored. So there is space for everyone I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
          Look... there are people who seem to care about his style, me included. So that's how he and the rest alike survives. I've seem people calling Paganini - mindless shredding etc. So go figure On the other hand - traditional american blues and blues/rock leaves me cold and bored. So there is space for everyone I guess.

My cd collection is full of shredders (Moore, Becker, MacAlpine, Racer X, Malmsteen, Satch, Vai, Angelo, on and on....). I absolutely love the genre, but Gilbert just doesn't do it for me. As I said, just my opinion.

Comment

those clips are solo spots on a Mr.Big tour..

those are supposed to be flashy and pointless.. just a spot to show "look what i can do" .... "and you wish you were me"
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Pauls probably my favorite guitarist. The guy can just shred, but he can also play with feeling, as well. Take a listen to his Mr. Big stuff, and you'll see that he can slow down, and play with feeling, too. Plus, he's funny as hell, and kind of a hometown hero, for me.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                My cd collection is full of shredders (Moore, Becker, MacAlpine, Racer X, Malmsteen, Satch, Vai, Angelo, on and on....). I absolutely love the genre, but Gilbert just doesn't do it for me. As I said, just my opinion.
                +1

I appreciate his mad skills and his great personality but his playing does not move me.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                  I absolutely love the genre, but Gilbert just doesn't do it for me. As I said, just my opinion.
                  Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  +1

I appreciate his mad skills and his great personality but his playing does not move me.
                  +2
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

that lick that starts at like 0:56 is just sick

Comment

luv it!...but put a shirt on Paul...sheesh

Comment

Too bad this guy isnt going to be there....

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                          Too bad this guy isnt going to be there....

-Nate
                          Gotta agree !!! I saw him with Satch and Yngwie ... Great show !!!

But I'm looking forward to seeing PG very much so !!!

Comment

Gilbert with Racer X was amps to ten and vrooooom!
                            Then he joined Mr. Big and you can hear on the first album how much he turned down the gain. Not so much show off there, more focus on the lyrics, still very smooth and I always wait for the solos to kick in. I've always thought of that album as Gilbert's big Van Halen tribute.. Go figure..
                            Anyways, like it or not, but Gilbert is proof you don't need insane amounts of gain to shred. It's all in your fingers
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Saw PG play a clinic last night. Freeeekin awesome! He was playing tracks from the new album. Worked through exercises in a small booklet he'd thrown together and showed how to incorporate those blurrrrrrr licks into solos by leading into and out of them so they didn't sound like an exercise in the middle of a song. Plus he played snippets of all kinds of songs that influenced him, singing along with some of them, including Rocky Raccoon & a soppy Todd Rundgren piano ballad.

Include me as another who really digs Paul's playing. His blow-your-mind solo spots might seem to be mindless widdling, but I think he plays a bunch of stuff that shows his feel. He has no problem slowing down when the song calls for it.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X