No announcement yet.

Positive EVH comments only!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while i have never been a fan of VH's "frat boy rock", EVH's tone and feel have been VERY inspiring to me over the years. to my ears he has a sound and style that has been overly imitated, but NEVER equaled!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
      EVH's playing throughout the DLR era is powerfully inventive, musical, spontaneous and inspired. It has this falling-down-the-stairs-and-landing-on-your-feet feel that is so loose and exciting, it's amazing.

David Lee Roth has his own spontaneous, wild, swaggering energy, and is the perfect foil for Eddie. When you put the two together, the result is magic.
      That's how I feel about it and why I started this thread, very well written!

Comment

Without Eddie, this place would not exist. Eddie created shred rock and roll, and he launched Charvel.

End of story.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Even if Eddie never played one lick afterwards, VH1 will stand as one of the all-time greatest albums.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin View Post
            Without Eddie, this place would not exist. Eddie created shred rock and roll, and he launched Charvel.

End of story.

Mike

Now, that's just being naive!
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post

Dude, you KNOW you're going to have to elaborate on that on here..
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post

Why? Eddie put Charvel on the map. All the hotshot players in town came to Wayne and then Grover because of the Eddie connection. Who knows where Charvel would have gone without Eddie, there may be no Jackson..and then this place would not exist.

Comment

No, I was actually referring to the comment that Eddie created shredding. We've already had at least one thread on original shredders, and plenty were listed that came before Edward. Eddie was a pioneer, but he's not the be-all-end-all that some of you guys make him out to be.
                  The flip side of this is that I just ordered fresh copies of the first 5 VH albums, cause I've managed to wear the HELL out of my tapes, and my turntable needles, over the years. Those 5 are STILL some of my favorite albums, to this day. Not just because of Ed, but the entire band, as well as the songs.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Eddie didn't invent shredding, but he birthed the shred guitar movement that put Charvels and Jacksons on the map. Again, in support of my statement about this place possibly not being here.

Mike

Comment

The original van Halen is America's number one hard rock issue, it's a fact. People were influenced by him, touched by him, smashed in the face by him, and he was ripped off more than any other guitarist in history. He generated many dollars for other players, and I still say there's nothing more painful than someone trying to play his riffs in guitar center when they can't. Jimi Hendrix changed the instrument. Eddie changed it as well and took it to another place. Ignored, or panned by the dorky music critics and older generation only because that 1st album still has them scratching their heads to this day only makes me smile as wide when I did when i was 13 looking at the cover of the first album holding his striped strat out like a torch with a scowl on his face that basically said this album can set your house ablaze. He had his own style, like many of the other greats. How many can truly say they have their own style? Not many. Yes there are faster guitarists, but some of them couldn't jam their way out of a paper bag, Van halen made life more exciting, made it easier to grab box, made you, scratch that, forced you to learn how to play, and they blew your mind with every album, not to mention that it would take them about 6-7 days to make one-lol their peak for me was the fair warning tour, and I saw them all, up until the first sammy concert, and I never went back. To quote NEWC-guitar playing doesn't get you absolution, but if you're Eddie Van Halen, it gets you into something bigger, better, and higher. Icon for life, and a line of imitators that's longer than the whole California coast.
                      I'm the JCF Badmin, you don't have to like EVH, but don't like him for the right reason, because he smokes, and we get smoked. That's the reason. I'm done.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Eddie can cure cancer with his boogers............
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Can't get enough of the old stuff....

Comment

great guitar player lousy human being.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjones View Post
                              great guitar player lousy human being.
                              What did he ever do to you? If I'm gonna call someone a "lousy human being" it's gonna take a whole lot more than changing/firing band-members. It's gotta be a deeply personal insult towards me or someone I love.
                              The way I see it Eddie Van Halen has done nothing of the sort.
                              Maybe I'm putting more into the words than you are but I know I wouldn't wanna be called that.
                              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

If you were fortunate enough to have been into guitar players prior to 1978, then you really get Ed. He sounded and played like no one else. Eddie had the whole package put together from this first second on vinyl - tone, rhythm, chops, attitude and songs. How many others arrived on the scene fully realized like Ed did? If you were into it back then you already know the answer. He said it best when asked his contribution to rock guitar, "I gave it a shot in the arm."
                                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                                X