No announcement yet.

Who Should Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is ok if people thinks Slayer sucks. Heck, I haven`t liked the last 3 albums very much, but I still like to go see them play. No, the shows aren`t as aggressive as they were in the 80`s, but they are older and play larger venues. Slayer is much better at small venues as I use to see them 20 years ago If they retire, I wish them the best in their ventures beyond music and touring. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      The greatest band in the world keeps knocking 'em out, and that is the Rolling Stones. Hate them(probably for all the wrong reasons) or love them(I do)you cannot deny they are very possibly the most enduring and coolest cats on earth. Of course their older stuff is the best up to Black and Blue- '76 and maybe even up to Tattoo You-'81, but they keep rolling and that demands respect.
      There were on a roll in the late 70's - early 80's. Black and Blue, Tattoo You and Some Girls. Then Emotional Rescue hit the air waves. Thought i had died. Now, I like it too.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

they were on a roll from 64 through pretty much today to this minute. Listen to Exile on main Street, Let it bleed, December's Children, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Sticky fingers, etc. etc. etc., it goes on and on and on, the tandem songwriting team of all time. I'll count up how many albums they have made, i have some great stones books, it's ridiculous how much they have covered over the years in tunes and miles.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

you better count how many different music genres they have covered, it's insane how versatile they really are....right now I can think off... their usual rock stuff, classic rock'n'roll/rockabilly, plenty of great blues songs, rhythm'n'blues tunes, some really awsome soul songs, funk off course, trippy psychedelic stuff, power-pop, some country, I also can hear some eastern music flavour and latin/cuban/reggae feel, some ragtime feel,....I'm sure there's plenty more....
          Last edited by Endrik; 03-03-2007, 03:41 PM.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
            Those of you that slam Slayer, do you like any thrash metal at all?
            Dude you've got to admit that the last 3 albums have been sub par (CI especially) when compared to the glory days.Especially when you look at the great albums the other old thrash bands have put out recently (Exodus with Tempo of the Damned and Shovel Headed Kill Machine, Testament with The Gathering and First Strike Still Deadly, just to name a few of the big uns).

Slayer were and are a great band, but they are out of ideas,and it's starting to show, thats why people are saying they should quit.

Comment

I don't think Aerosmith should retire. I saw them in '76 and they sucked on stage back then, just like they suck on stage now, but they have great music. Brad Whitford was the guy that I watched doing the soloing.

I don't know much about metal bands, but one band that has to retire is U2. Someone needs to pick up Bono and shove him up The Edge's ass so he sounds muffled. (and take The Edge's guitar away from him and beat him with it)
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I think anyone I dont like should retire
                www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                  Dude you've got to admit that the last 3 albums have been sub par (CI especially) when compared to the glory days.Especially when you look at the great albums the other old thrash bands have put out recently (Exodus with Tempo of the Damned and Shovel Headed Kill Machine, Testament with The Gathering and First Strike Still Deadly, just to name a few of the big uns).

Slayer were and are a great band, but they are out of ideas,and it's starting to show, thats why people are saying they should quit.

CI rips.

Exodus's SHKM rips too.

How about Kreator? Possibly two of their best albums showing up most recent!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                    So are the stones and areosmith if thats the case, so is any band who stays in the same genre of music for their whole career

Christ Illusion is just recorded weakly. I saw cult live and it sounded heavy as hell. God hates us All sounded much more 'louder', more raw, and 'wetter' (more reverb, more rich quality like the production values of the Black Album was better than ...And Justice for All). Like megadeth sounds way heavier live than on any of their recordings.
                    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
                      I don't think Aerosmith should retire. I saw them in '76 and they sucked on stage back then, just like they suck on stage now, but they have great music. Brad Whitford was the guy that I watched doing the soloing.

I don't know much about metal bands, but one band that has to retire is U2. Someone needs to pick up Bono and shove him up The Edge's ass so he sounds muffled. (and take The Edge's guitar away from him and beat him with it)

I listen to U2 mainly for The Edges guitar work. He's gotten better with time. I think there most recent cd had one of the coolest riffs to a pop song ( ) Ive heard: "Vertigo"

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
                        So are the stones and areosmith if thats the case, so is any band who stays in the same genre of music for their whole career.
                        same genre? please read my post above....
                        Aerosmith is just as diverse as the Stones but not as much as Zep though.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                          CI rips.

Exodus's SHKM rips too.

How about Kreator? Possibly two of their best albums showing up most recent!
                          I agree there! Enemy of God was a brilliant album.

Comment

I like Slayer but haven't liked anything they have done after the first time Lombardo left the band.

Comment

Avenged Sevenfold. They are a unique band, but there's something rotten about them. They covered the legendary 'Walk' live, and the guitarist (the non-left handed one) fucked up the solo, and just stopped playing it and went back to the rhythm, it was terrible. I'll find the video again for you guys. Anyway, they wear gloves while playing guitar.... Is there ANY benefit to that? I mean, not even GLAM bands did that. Maybe it's too harsh to say they should retire, but they are WAY too overrated. Death to money metal.
                              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
                              X