Classic guitarists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic guitarists?

Anyone like classic guitar at all?, Maybe it's the Blackmore influence but I have had a couples CDs for a while and my favorite is one of this guy Julian Bream playing Bach:

I know Segovia started the whole thing but from the CD I have Segovia sounds kind of like Jimmy Page and that's not a good thing! haha

I went to Christofer Parkening in 82'. He was amazing.
    And then there is Paco De Lucia! He "Shreds" on a
    nylon string!

Comment

John Williams is one of my favorites. There are some vids of him with J. Bream on Youtube. Here are a couple of solo pieces:

Asturias(Leyenda) - Isaac Albeniz played by John Williams

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There are quite a few more clips of him, but a lot of them have really warbly sound.

Comment

John Williams' rendition of Rodrigo's Concerto de Aranjuez is amazing. I've always been in love with classical guitar.
        - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          And then there is Paco De Lucia! He "Shreds" on a
          nylon string!
          that's flamenco not classical
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            that's flamenco not classical

He said nothing about it being classical of flamenco.He just said nylon string
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I'm totally in awe by Jon Williams. I have one question tho: Is this the same John Williams who makes movie scores?
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

No they're two different guys.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                X