Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimebag = Randy Rhoads incarnated 1988 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag = Randy Rhoads incarnated 1988 ?

Wow, amazing video. Make sure you have 13 minutes to watch it.

Dimebag solo 1988. As you watch and listen you start hearing and realizing what a big influence Randy Rhoads had on Dime. At the 1/2 way point it becomes an Ozzy concert. Just amazing.

Link please?

Comment

Oops

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I know i'll get ripped for saying this, but what the heck:

I liked him alot better in pre-signed Pantera than after. He was more 80's guitar hero. I still love "All Over Tonite".

Pantera in their Glam metal days! This is a video of them before Phil Anselmo joined. Still has a killer solo from Dime, and Vinnie's playing a checkerboard ...

Comment

No rippin' from me. I have every Pantera album(yes, those things on vinyl) from when they were released. The first time I heard Cowbody From Hell, I was thinking WTF ? Power Metal and I Am the Night are Pantera's 2 best albums and maybe 2 of the greatest metal albums of the 80's.
          Last edited by guitarzan2; 03-13-2007, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Almost looks like Jake E Lee, during Suicide Solution.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post

I liked him alot better in pre-signed Pantera than after. He was more 80's guitar hero. I still love "All Over Tonite".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHv99XhJ5zk

I didn't realize Pantera were "Hair Metal" in the 80's......I Like it!!!!
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Yeah, Darrel was called "Diamond Darrell"
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I agree man, he started to do a lot less soloing after cowboys
                  ----------
                  Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

I guess Satriani was a big influence too! Obviously Satch was huge
                    at this time, as he started with this. But then who hasnt been influenced
                    by Randy? Man, Dime was a killer shredder!

Comment

No rippin' here either. To this day I have no idea why I cannot find the pre-CFH albums anywhere. Some of the best shredding of all time are on those albums, that's where Dime got his hero-status from in the beginning and people who haven't heard them don't really know how good Dimebag Darrell really was! Prodigal.
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

awesome video. Thanks for the link dude.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Yeah, Darrel was called "Diamond Darrell"
                          Yup. Always hated that he started going by the "Dimebag" moniker"
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

The first time I ever saw them they were Diamond Darrel, Rex Rocker, Vinnie Paul and Phil. Phil didnt have an official nickname but my friends and myself called him Stinky because well he stunk litteraly.

Comment

Well, here's the guy that will be getting blazed.

First off, I really like DD. The dude certianly changed the face of metal around the time they started getting brutal. Terribly sad how it all ended up.

We sure needed to hear Pantera getting heavy at the time we did. They helped smack the makeup off the face of metal in many ways, even if some of it was their own, hehe.... Gads, I'm so thankful (and I'm sure they are too) that they went in the direction they did, as it opened the gates for a heavier vocal style in popular music that really was refreshing compared to the glam pop stuff that was around at that time.

The first link, to me, is mostly a bunch of less than amazing wankery that I'm sure a few guys on this board could walk all over, that turns into cranking out some very nice Randy stuff that a few guys here are still close to doing as well. Really nice Randy feel for sure. Other than that, nothing that inspiring really.

The Glam days were sorta awful huh? VanHalen wannabees and not really "that" good at it. A million other bands doing that same thing, and probably better...

They truly pioneered a new age or direction of metal in a lot of ways, and I sure appreciate that. But it sure wasn't at the "Diamond" Darrel time.

Comment

Working...
                              X