No announcement yet.

This is humbling to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush are one of the best bands on the planet.
    They have released one album I don't like so far. That's a pretty good average
    Hey Nonny Nonny Milord!
    http://www.monsterjoe.be

Comment

I love the fact that they're on the Canadian Walk of Fame. Fuckin' A++ band.

Comment

RUSH rules. It is awesome to watch Lifeson in his prime. I still think 2112 may be the greatest Rock record ever made. I think it is overlooked, it is a masterpiece. Dreamtheatre WISH they were Rush.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Joe View Post
          Rush are one of the best bands on the planet.
          They have released one album I don't like so far. That's a pretty good average
          Just curious, which album is it? Mine would be Presto, does nothing for me. I've been slowly re-building my Rush collection over the last couple years to get everything on CD (from vinyl and tape) and have no desire to get Presto. Unless it pops up at the used CD store, then I'll get it just to complete the collection. Actually, now that I think about it, All The World's A Stage is the only thing I don't have on CD (and Presto), I can never find it anywhere. Wow, that's a lot of CDs from one band.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I saw that tour and many others!!! That whole song gives me goosebumps! THE GREATEST BAND EVER!!! Yeah, I am a bit of a fan you could say....

chuck
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by dinky kustom View Post
              now that was fantastic to watch.is mike portnoy a fan of the guy drumming? kicks ass.very tight band.

Peart is Mike's biggest influence. There is a recent Drummer World where Mike interviews Peart and says so. Awesome interview bu the way.

chuck

Comment

That was awesome! Xanadu is one of my favorite Rush tunes. Here's another good one featuring The Professor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lhj5dTptqM

Comment

I'm only getting intop Rush now. Lovin their stuff. Unbelievable for just a three piece.
                  There is a new song out now from the new album they are doing. I'd love to catch them on that tour.

Comment

The new song just released is Farcry off of the upcoming Snakes and Arrows album. You can get it off of iTunes. If you like modern Rush you will LOVE the song. It has some great guitar sounds in it and Neil's lyrics are phenomonal as is Geddys playing. It mixes in alot of the sounds and time signatures of older Rush (Jacob's Ladder comes to mind) with the modern sound of newer Rush (anything off of Feedback is applicable). I particularly like it and will be in the front row when they come thru on tour for this one.

chuck

Comment

My fave track from Exit. It answers the question what it better than a doubleneck?.....TWO doublenecks!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

They all kick ass..

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin View Post
                          I still think 2112 may be the greatest Rock record ever made. I think it is overlooked, it is a masterpiece.
                          Mike
                          ""May" be the greatest rock record ever made?

There's no question about it - it IS.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                            ""May" be the greatest rock record ever made?

There's no question about it - it IS.

- E.
                            Let's just say it is one of those things in life that doesn't suck...

For me it will always be Hemisphere's though. There is something about both Cygnus X-1 and La Villa Strangiato that cannot be topped.

chuck

Comment

I was a big rush-head growing up in the 80's. But after Power Windows they just seemed to lose that edge that made them so interesting (to me anyway.)

Comment

Did you ever get Vapor Trails (2002)? That was the first album after all the stuff that happened to Peart and them taking a few years off. It seemed to bring some fire back into them.

Comment

Working...
                                X