No announcement yet.

This is humbling to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I haven't heard Vapor trails. I will try to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      Did you ever get Vapor Trails (2002)? That was the first album after all the stuff that happened to Peart and them taking a few years off. It seemed to bring some fire back into them.
      I'm a longtime Rush fan but I did not like Vapor Trails.

I hope their new one has better songwriting.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

How many of you guys got Feedback? That album was a shocker! Lot's of awesome guitar work there.

chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
          How many of you guys got Feedback? That album was a shocker! Lot's of awesome guitar work there.

chuck
          Don't have Feedback, but "Heart Full of Soul" and "The Seeker" are my two favorite cover tracks on the R30 discs.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Rush is my all time fav!! But on the topic of least favorite album, that would have to be Counterparts.
            I love admins!

Comment

Rush is the reason I got into Dungeons and Dragons =) j/k They are badass and one of my favorite classic bands.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

About Geddy's recent "Backline"

For the last couple of tours, Geddy has been using a mix of three lines - a Sansamp RBI, a Palmer speaker simulator & and an Avalon U5 DI (much the same as in the studio). Doing away with playing through amps entirely.

But because Alex is using a LOAD of Hughes and Kettner stacks, Geddy's part of the stage looks a little empty and so he solved it by putting a couple of huge and fully functioning Maytag dryers and a vending machine behind him where the amps would normally be. He even has the dryers and Vending machine miked as if they were real amps.

He has a good sense of humor.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Check this site out: http://www.rushpetition.com
                  It's pretty cool, you vote for the tunes you would want to hear. This is the third tour (starting w/Vapor Trails) that this site has been up. The band is aware of the site and supposedly takes a look at the final voting. If there's a Rush tune you haven't heard live in a while (or ever), cast your vote! For the third time, The Camera Eye will be one of my choices and if you look at the voting so far, it is has way more votes than any song from any album! Hopefully they will oblige this time........
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I've seen them 17 times; they rule completely

Far Cry, from "Snakes and Ladders" (not the real video, but the real music)
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Holy crap! Listen to this tribute band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM0Ej3XceGs
                      From what I've read about them, they seem to be one of the top Rush tribute bands around (they play RushCon, etc.). The most impressive part for me was the singer after the guitar solo. Those are some high-ass notes and he nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                        I fell asleep at the one Rush show I went to back in 81 or 82.
                        I have laughed my ass off all morning long after reading your post! Funny, but to me, RUSH's music has been elevator material ever since Caress Of Steel.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Tour dates are up on www.rush.com.

Comment

I am going to the Scranton PA Show.

chuck
                            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                            X