Cellador.........anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellador.........anyone?

I was listening to XM radio yesterday and they played a song called "A Sign Far Beyond" by a supposedly new band called Cellador. The singer reminded me of Bruce Dickenson a little bit. The band itself sounded somewhat like Dragonforce. At least to me it did.

I liked their sound and the guitar work sounded pretty good too.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Found a vid of theirs on youtube and it sports a RR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X7hr-Ky8tg
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

there was a discussion about them last year. Let me see if I can find it....
      Hail yesterday

Comment

actually, it appears that there wasn't a discussion about them

I did mention, maybe in chat, last year when I came across a video on a compilation dvd out of a metal mag. I thought they were really cool, but forgot about them and haven't sourced any of their music yet. Thanks for the reminder
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I've seen their video on MTV2 (HBB)... I thought it was pretty good. Their singer is better than DragonForce's singer IMO.

Comment

I fell asleep watching that....
            "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

One of them used to post on the Megadeth boards for years.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah, had it..not bad.

Average "power" metal ...they're good.

One of thousands of decent power metal bands from the Helloween school..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Have to love those you tube comments! :ROTF:
                  Jackson........Why play anything else

Comment

I saw them last year. Good live show - the guy with the RR had horrid tone, though, thanks to the Krank.
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I like them.. Singer was excellent live, too. I like their style as they don't get wussy like most power metal bands out there. And their album doesn't have any lame ass ballads.

And agreed about the RR player's tone.. Extremely thin tone that didn't cut through the mix at all. Ibanez guitarist cut through his tone like a knife and he was using a 3 channel boogie.

Comment

Anyone who wants to see them, they are playing the opening night of Progpower in Atlanta on Oct 4... at Centerstage (formerly Earthlink Live). Freak Kitchen and Vanden Plas will also be playing that night

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                          Vanden Plas will also be playing that night
                          My favorite 4 door Jaguar.
                          Scott

Comment

The singer kind of reminds me of Queensreich's frontman.
                            Guitars:
                            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                            1988 Model 2,
                            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                            RR3
                            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                            2005 SG Special

Comment

These guys seem pretty cool.......singer sounds more like Stratovarius (can't seem to recall the singer's name) than Dragonforce IMO......
                              I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Working...
                              X