No announcement yet.

warren D in whitesnake vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta remember that this is probably rough board mix. I'll bet most bands would sound kinda crappy this way.

Cool vid though. I like Warren's playing alot.

Comment

I see Coverdale went to the Vince Neil school of singing....singing every other line of the chorus, haha.

Comment

Thanx for that, I saw that line-up in 94 when they came to Sydney, only to see Warren play live and he was awesome. Hung around backstage, saw his RATT road cases and got his autograph. Very nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          You gotta remember that this is probably rough board mix. I'll bet most bands would sound kinda crappy this way.

Cool vid though. I like Warren's playing alot.
          Exactly. There's no way they would let the backing vocals go over the lead vocals out to the audience, the way they are in this vid. We've done some audio stuff like this, live, and it always sounds unbalanced and like crap, this way.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            That guitar Vandenberg is playing looks oddly familiar...
            Why yes....yes it does!
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ustomfull2.jpg

DM, thanks for the you tube link.

Comment

Never seen that Vandy guitar before...
              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
              custom made Les Paul
              VOX Tonelab LE
              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
              ADA MP1
              BBE 422A
              Lexicon MPX-G2
              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
              Support Your Local 81

Comment

Definitely Warren D... with Vandenberg and Rudy Sarzo on bass. Cool video.

Comment

I usually like Warren's playing. A lot. IMO he kinda sucked in that vid. It was like he didn't have time to learn the song and was winging it.

Very cool custom Vandenberg.
                  This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

MountainDog,
                    Is that one yours? Or did he have more than one painted like that?
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                      Looks like Cozy Powell, Rudy Sarzo ..Is that Doug Aldrich on the other guitar?
                      It`s not Cozy , he`s been dead for almost 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        MountainDog,
                        Is that one yours? Or did he have more than one painted like that?
                        If I remember correctly, Peavey made 6 like that for him. Mine has some wear in the fretboard around the 2nd fret, so it 'got played'. The video is too fuzzy to try to compare the striping pattern to mine. I saw a shot of him playing this version in a magazine back in the day and the stripe pattern was slightly different than mine around the volume knob.

Comment

this was from 94 - cozy died couple of years after this - regardless - that is Denny Carmassi from Montrose / Heart fame on drums

Comment

I've got the whole of this concert on bootleg DVD, which has proper board sound and it's way worse than that -that clip has been 'breathed on' sound wise. Definately not Warrens greatest playing and Vandenburg is just plain pants on it!!!! I love Warrens playing and Vandenburgs early stuff was great, but neither can match up to Sykes, Beach or Aldrich IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                            X