Tommy Emmanuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Emmanuel

I'm gonna get tix for his show at BB Kings in Manhattan. Has anyone ever seen him live? What kind of performer is he live?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Just search for him on YouTube.

While I get bored with his album songs, I never get tired of seeing his live performances (never been to one of his shows, but watched a few on the net)

Very energetic, and very humorous (!!!) live performances.

He really should do a live album or two...

Comment

excellent. but that was around 10 years ago and he was playing the electric fronting a band. i've seen vids of his solo acoustic and i would love to see that as well.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah
        I've seen him on youtube and google. The first time I had heard of him was when somebody on this site mentioned him. Then I research and listened to him and like him. I was just wondering if anyone actually witnessed one of his shows live.
        I noticed he was going to be in Manhattan. All of the sudden I have 5 other people that are gonna go. Should be a good time.

Comment

I own his live DVD and it's incredible. I've also heard others remark that his live shows are something to behold. He's a bit of a comedian as well so be prepared to chuckle at his comments. For example, in the live DVD he is tuning the guitar and plays a couple of notes and then remarks into the mic "that's a little Chinese piece I call tu-ning."

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
            I own his live DVD and it's incredible. I've also heard others remark that his live shows are something to behold. He's a bit of a comedian as well so be prepared to chuckle at his comments. For example, in the live DVD he is tuning the guitar and plays a couple of notes and then remarks into the mic "that's a little Chinese piece I call tu-ning."
            Should be good. Which dvd do you own? I have 7 people going with me now and the tix are purchased.
            Last edited by donf; 03-19-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
              Should be good. Which dvd do you own? I have 7 people going with me now and the tix are purchased.

This one:

Comment

Working...
              X