No announcement yet.

Alex Skolnick - a man with integrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd defend Ibanez guitars, if you go to the store you have a choice of $#%$ low-priced onces, and a normal line of J-Customs which in my opinion priced very competitevely and are as well or better made than just about anything out there I every saw. I guess is that the low-end that really gets the company this reputation. On the other hand - I doubt that anything out there is sold for less than those, so yet again... you get what you pay for.

For the Gibsons on the other hand, many of them are really expensive and often not very good, really hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      What jazz has he played? Never heard him outside of Testament

I saw Skolnick's jazz trio at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA a few years back. I spoke to him a bit afterward, and he was supercool. Oddly, the only other band I've seen at his venue was Testament a few years before this (without Skolnick). I mentioned this to him and I wrongly named the lead player at the time (this was before Murphy joined). He knew exactly who took his place and I bet he knows exactly who was playing during his entire absence! anyway, it's cool to see him back on that London DVD, as well as that redo CD they did. Oh, I also saw him in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last December, which was a bit...cheeeesy!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
      X