• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol spasmic arm vibration

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      lol spasmic arm vibration
      Sounds kinda kinky.....or something. I think I'll just stick to playing guitar like I always have.

No spasmic arm vibration for me.

sigpic

Comment

ps I think this list is bunk. I can play at 18nps too (granted it's not accurate at all unless I'm hitting 1 note)

Comment

Reading those comments is probably more entertaining than listening to the actual clips!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

man this shit is so gay, this dude either can't play guitar or can't get laid and spends all his time behind the computer..... or both. How the heck does he measures that shit? What kind of equipment does he have. Does he uses audio or video formats to measure? What the fuck is a spasmic arm vibratios... a cramp wich is caused of heavy masturbation? How the fuck he knows how someonw actually pics? How the fuck he measures Paco De Lucia, what kind of pick he uses what a tool, the only scientific fact is that finerstyle "3 or 4 finger supporting rolling-plucking" gives you way more speed then you'd have with a pick.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            that guys like Buckethead, Loomis & Vai would be faster than guys like Nuno or Sykes.
            old or new school doesn't matter man, Sykes is very old-school and doesn't have a super precise playing technique and he doesn't seem like a super heavy practicer either, sometimes pure physical abilites count more than practicing. Sykes has like oiled arm joints, he just has the ability to burst like a motherfucker, I've always thought he has a better top speed than Yngwie. And he picks HARD

that brings us to

picking attack

I care less about the nps, a lot of those fast guys pick like pussies, they try to be so clean and so fast but don't have any attitude in their playing. I love the way how John Sykes and Gary Moore play. They pick so fucking heavily that the strings are burning. Or guys like John Norum or Zakk Wylde... Or Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Gibbons and Ace Frehley...

It's all about the attack and attitude.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I think Sykes is more precise and practiced than you give him credit for. Yes he actually has feel and attitude to his playing, but it's clean and in-time as well.

This list has some not-so-great players, but it also has pretty much all of my favorite players (Sykes, Becker, Rhoads happen to be my top 3)

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                I think Sykes is more precise and practiced than you give him credit for. Yes he actually has feel and attitude to his playing, but it's clean and in-time as well.

This list has some not-so-great players, but it also has pretty much all of my favorite players (Sykes, Becker, Rhoads happen to be my top 3)
                I know John's playing style in and out... and I'm a HUGE fan of his, he isn't the most precise player, he is just like Gary Moore, their left hand is all over the place, it's not steady and economical, it's more like a sledgehammer wich is working at warp speed. Their hand moves A LOT, unlike modern players who try to have the least left hand moving radius. In studio.... yeah they are clean but in live.... not so much..... you can actually see how much their hand is moving..... but it's not a bad thing... not AT ALL... it's the reason why they have so incredible tone. I like more primitive and raw playing style.... it separates men from boys.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yeah.. one for the local guy.. Go Todd!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    I know John's playing style in and out... and I'm a HUGE fan of his, he isn't the most precise player, he is just like Gary Moore, their left hand is all over the place, it's not steady and economical, it's more like a sledgehammer wich is working at warp speed. Their hand moves A LOT, unlike modern players who try to have the least left hand moving radius. In studio.... yeah they are clean but in live.... not so much..... you can actually see how much their hand is moving..... but it's not a bad thing... not AT ALL... it's the reason why they have so incredible tone. I like more primitive and raw playing style.... it separates men from boys.
                    I couldn't agree more
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

This is some dirty gay ass shit.

Comment

Also this list cant be right. Michael angelo donest have the speed of guthrie govan or TMac .

Comment

Yeah I figured this would raise some eyebrows. hehehehehehe!

They are into this kind of stuff over at the MAB board.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

meh, whatevah
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It was interesting to read. Mark Tremonti??? The guy from creed?? Who knew.

No surprise with shawn lane.

Even after around 10 "notes per second" (stooopid) or so I'd guess that it would be playing at a good clip. A bit faster or slower, who'd really notice? A lot of those guys (most) are good creative and interesting players. Their speed has come from dedication to the intrument and music in general over years.

Comment

Hmmm, no Vinnie Vincent?

Some great players on this list, I found it quite interesting.

Some of these guys are great songwriters as well, so it's unfair to dismiss them as nothing but fast players with little else to bring to the table.

Kee Marcello, Nuno, Paul Gilbert, John Sykes just to name a few.

Don't be hatin' just because you're struggling with 4 nps

Comment

Working...
                                X