Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    Hmmm, no Vinnie Vincent?

Some great players on this list, I found it quite interesting.

Some of these guys are great songwriters as well, so it's unfair to dismiss them as nothing but fast players with little else to bring to the table.

Kee Marcello, Nuno, Paul Gilbert, John Sykes just to name a few.

Don't be hatin' just because you're struggling with 4 nps

I'm about 7
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Prove it
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Prove it
        I can't.I don't have that guy's video editing software

Comment

No George Lynch???!!!! What a rip.lol. Cool fact sheet to refrence for when me and my friends are arguing.

Comment

Cool thread, I love the internets!

In a thread about speed and accuracy, who cares about anything else. Why care about anything else in this thread
            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              oh, don't get me wrong. I highly rate Nuno. But he still feels kind of old school to me, and your Loomis, Vai, Buckethead-type players, whilst of a similar generation, are supposed to be the cutting edge state-of-the-art guitarists.

I marvel at some comments I've seen about older players on other guitar boards. Guys just cutting George Lynch up like he's some two-fingered hack, all the while blowing smoke up Alexi Laiho or Jon Donais's asses.
              Right! But then im an old fart too... But i have not seen Alex do anything remotely cool, or with anywhere near the feeling of Lynch.
              Ill take Gary Moore anyday over this latest crop of "Legends"!

Comment

The fastest I can "shred" is about 240bpm in 16th triplets. How many nps is that?

BTW, I once found a list similar to that and also mp3s which showed realtime clips and the same clips slowed down so you could see how accurate it was. Maybe I still have it burned somewhere...anyone interested?

Comment

Originally posted by markb View Post
                  It was interesting to read. Mark Tremonti??? The guy from creed?? Who knew.
                  I refuse to think Tremonti is faster than Buckethead in any way.

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                  The fastest I can "shred" is about 240bpm in 16th triplets. How many nps is that?
                  I'm not sure, but I think it would be 15 or 16nps.
                  If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

shit, I meant 120bpm in 16th triplets (which equals to 240bpm triplets).

Comment

lol I was going to be very impressed. As originally stated you were 24 nps speed-demon. 3 notes/beat at 240 beats/minute and 1/60 minutes/second is 12 notes/second

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        lol I was going to be very impressed. As originally stated you were 24 nps speed-demon. 3 notes/beat at 240 beats/minute and 1/60 minutes/second is 12 notes/second
                        Thanks! 12nps sounds cool too. It's my top and I don't reach it perfectly everytime (depends on what I'm picking). Still need to practice more.

I've found a way hot to get nps out of the bpm now:

take your BPM and divide it by 60, then multiplay by 3, 4, 5,...(triplets, 16ths, quintuplets....)
                        Last edited by Nazgul; 03-24-2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          Thanks! 12nps sounds cool too. It's my top and I don't reach it perfectly everytime (depends on what I'm picking). Still need to practice more.

I've found a way hot to get nps out of the bpm now:

take your BPM and divide it by 60, then multiplay by 3, 4, 5,...(triplets, 16ths, quintuplets....)

Wow,you gotta be smart

Comment

Easiest way if you really care about it is to do sextuplets then it's just your bpm over 10 i.e. 120bpm = 12nps 180bpm=18nps

Comment

p.s. - (in best Yngwie voice) I am amazing. I taught God how to play guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X