Ozzy - You Looking at Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy - You Looking at Me

Does anyone have the studio version of this song? I had it on my last computer and forgot to transfer it when I bought the new one. All I can find are crappy quality live versions. Thanks!

You Looking at Me Looking at You? I've got the studio-version somewhere..
    I could send it to you on mail or something if you want it? I can't figure out that fileshare stuff
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

if it doesn't work instantly, give it a minute, it's uploading now.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully swinged by to kick my computer-dumb-ass there
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

and in case you haven't heard this, this live solo is great, and has parts that were cut out of the live suicide solution solo:

quality is a little hissy, but it's off of a cassette. the show was reportedly from the soundboard from a show in minneapolis in januaryish of 1982.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

While were on the topic of rare Ozzy/Randy tracks, someone should post "You Said it All" since I don't know how to

I can email the MP3 if nobody has it.

Comment

Hmm, I don't think I've ever heard You Looking At Me. I do, however, have the Jet Records 12" Live EP. Mr. Crowley is on side one, and You Said It All/Suicide Solution is on the second side.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sully, you rock!! I've been going nuts looking for this! I can't wait to check out the live solo too. I'll have to download them when I get home from work.

Comment

uploading now. give it a min....

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                  While were on the topic of rare Ozzy/Randy tracks, someone should post "You Said it All" since I don't know how to

I can email the MP3 if nobody has it.
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                    and in case you haven't heard this, this live solo is great, and has parts that were cut out of the live suicide solution solo:

quality is a little hissy, but it's off of a cassette. the show was reportedly from the soundboard from a show in minneapolis in januaryish of 1982.
                    whoa, that was cool as HELL!!!! hearing Randy's interplay with the synth parts was great! i heard that on the Tribute album there isnt a lot of the synth that normally was there...cool stuff!

got anything else? ive never really heard a live version of Over the Mountain by Randy...i think i had one a long time ago, but it was pretty poor quality and it was hard to tell whether it was really Randy or if it was Brad Gillis.
                    My metal band Lucian Scott
                    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                    Available Now!
                    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

if you have the qr/rr years disc, you'll notice some similarities between the solo in you lookin at me, and qr's breakin up is a heartache. okay....not just some similarities, it's the same solo, note for note.

the intro to you said it all was also from a qr song from qr II, but i can't remember the name of it right now.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                        whoa, that was cool as HELL!!!! hearing Randy's interplay with the synth parts was great! i heard that on the Tribute album there isnt a lot of the synth that normally was there...cool stuff!

got anything else? ive never really heard a live version of Over the Mountain by Randy...i think i had one a long time ago, but it was pretty poor quality and it was hard to tell whether it was really Randy or if it was Brad Gillis.
                        yeah, but sadly they're cassettes and i haven't converted them yet. i've got a few shows that i should convert. maybe i'll do it later today. could be fun. on the diary tour, they opened up with over the mountain, but the two tapes that i have aren't that great, ozzy wise. he could NOT sing that song live, and it isn't pretty.
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

if you have the qr/rr years disc, you'll notice some similarities between the solo in you lookin at me, and qr's breakin up is a heartache. okay....not just some similarities, it's the same solo, note for note.

the intro to you said it all was also from a qr song from qr II, but i can't remember the name of it right now.

sully
                          i thought it was quite obvious that the solo in Mr Crowley and Believer are pretty much the same (few not differences and such, but very similar). i think the reason for that was that DOAM had a lot of Randy's solo stuff that was just demo material and mostly placeholders and not the actual parts he wanted to play (which was why he was unhappy with it). any insights on that?
                          Available Now!
                          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

yeah, but sadly they're cassettes and i haven't converted them yet. i've got a few shows that i should convert. maybe i'll do it later today. could be fun. on the diary tour, they opened up with over the mountain, but the two tapes that i have aren't that great, ozzy wise. he could NOT sing that song live, and it isn't pretty.
                            well, maybe the version i had WAS with Randy, because it was right after the intro song he used...there was just so much added noise that i couldnt really tell (the guy i got it from said crowd noise was added because the quality was so horrible anyways...??? LOL)

i wouldnt listen to it for Ozzy anyways, just for Randy
                            Available Now!
                            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                              i thought it was quite obvious that the solo in Mr Crowley and Believer are pretty much the same (few not differences and such, but very similar). i think the reason for that was that DOAM had a lot of Randy's solo stuff that was just demo material and mostly placeholders and not the actual parts he wanted to play (which was why he was unhappy with it). any insights on that?
                              yep, believer is the same solo as the first crowley solo, and if you listen to the live stuff, he plays a different solo. i totally agree that believer and a few others (little dolls) were scratch tracks or placeholders to be filled later.
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X