Dimebag's Jackson (mutt?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag's Jackson (mutt?)

Are my eyes failing me or is Dimebag playing a guitar with a Jackson neck here in the "Psycho Holiday" video? Is this a parts mutt? What is known about it? Just look at it.. Hot damn!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT: Here it is again, live in Moscow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXoXoH0yYg
    Last edited by Guitardude86; 03-27-2007, 06:39 AM.
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

second clip is not the same guitar,have a real good look at the headstock.its got more curve than a jackson reverse headstock.but the first clip is a jackson neck
    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Both of those guitars are Deans with Jacksonish headstocks and inlays....but they are Deans.

Dime did have a Jackson or two and a beat up Charvel a-la EVH.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Here's an example of the HS.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Those headstocks are more of an ESP shape. Maybe those are washburns because those guitars have 24 frets and washburn made 24 fret ML's.
          http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5076968905 <--My Band

Comment

No, I could see why someone would think that....but they were indeed Dean custom pointy ML guitars.

Comment

The headstock in the video is exactly like the headstock on my Washburn HM20V.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Anybody got a good pic of Dime's custom blue Hamer ML copy? I had a pic of it in an old Tattoo magazine from around '95, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a picture in a guitar magazine somewhere of Dime holding a kinda Holoflake finished Star/ML - shaped guitar, with a Jackson logo headstock.
                  I just wish I could find the bloody thing...

Comment

After checking into it again........ I've been told that those 2 guitars in question are older custom Deans done right before Dean dissappearred and Dime signed with Washburn. He did have a Jackson starlike guitar, but it's never made it's way into pics or video.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Anybody got a good pic of Dime's custom blue Hamer ML copy? I had a pic of it in an old Tattoo magazine from around '95, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.
                      At least one person was on the right track. They are Hamers.

Make sure you read onto the 2nd page. Elliott the Dean owner saw it at Dime's house. Hamer.
                      Last edited by guitarzan2; 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM.

Comment

The guitar that Dime used that had the stone like finish and the wierd neon colours was indeed his FIRST washburn, just like zeegler said, it's the same as an older washburn strat headstock, he was pictured with this guitar in a Randall ad. Then he had the Blue Hamer which he used in a video as well, and then there was the bolt on that I believe Kramer made, but those in fact were NOT Deans, VoiceX3 I don't know where you heard that about them being deans but they are not.

Anyhow, they are just some cool guitars!

Chris

Comment

No chance of any of those guitars being Kramers. By 1988, Kramer wasn't building anything in the USA. They were just attaching bodies and necks together that were made by ESP and putting the word American on the headstocks. That was the death of them when the buying public figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
                            At least one person was on the right track. They are Hamers.

Make sure you read onto the 2nd page. Elliott the Dean owner saw it at Dime's house. Hamer.
                            Not with those headstocks and sharkfin inlays. The blue Hamer ML copy had a headstock similar to this old Californian, but it was reversed.
                            It had at least one boomerang inlay at the 12th fret with offset dot inlays on the bass side. As far as I know, it was the only Hamer he had, but I've never seen another pic of it besides in my old Tattoo mag.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
                              No chance of any of those guitars being Kramers. By 1988, Kramer wasn't building anything in the USA. They were just attaching bodies and necks together that were made by ESP and putting the word American on the headstocks. That was the death of them when the buying public figured it out.
                              Correct... Thats no Kramer. They never had headstocks that looked like that and NEVER had sharkfins.
                              - Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X