Metal Skool last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Skool last night

not sure how many of you guys know about the Hollywood based glam metal cover parody band Metal Skool, but they play the Key Club every Monday night, and a bro and I caught them last night, totally fun show.

they make fun of glam metal and make fun of themselves and make fun of the audience, they're great. the bass player is "Lexxy Foxx" and he always is doing his hair and makeup on stage with a mirror, the guitar player is excellent, and last night he had the George Lynch Kamakazi ESP which was killer. he also has a green Robin with orange flames. I think he is the dude from Atomic Punks but I'm not certain of that. killer player either way.

but the cool part was when they got Tom Morello, Scott Ian, the singer from Disturbed and the singer from Shinedown (don't care much about these last two but Tom and Scott were of interest) out of the audience to do Highway to Hell, with Morello on drums.

then later skanky Juliette Lewis came out and sang Ain't Talkin Bout Love.

anyway, these guys are a fun show for a Monday night.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Originally posted by skorb View Post
    not sure how many of you guys know about the Hollywood based glam metal cover parody band Metal Skool, but they play the Key Club every Monday night, and a bro and I caught them last night, totally fun show.

they make fun of glam metal and make fun of themselves and make fun of the audience, they're great. the bass player is "Lexxy Foxx" and he always is doing his hair and makeup on stage with a mirror, the guitar player is excellent, and last night he had the George Lynch Kamakazi ESP which was killer. he also has a green Robin with orange flames. I think he is the dude from Atomic Punks but I'm not certain of that. killer player either way.

but the cool part was when they got Tom Morello, Scott Ian, the singer from Disturbed and the singer from Shinedown (don't care much about these last two but Tom and Scott were of interest) out of the audience to do Highway to Hell, with Morello on drums.

then later skanky Juliette Lewis came out and sang Ain't Talkin Bout Love.

anyway, these guys are a fun show for a Monday night.
    Great stuff. I've seen a lot of clips of them on youtube and really like the way they do it all. There's a really good one where they pull Kelly Clarkson up out of the audience.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

they're hilarious, going on about how they love to "fuck bitches" and eating pussy and cum jokes and all that. they pulled a bunch of hotties out of the front row to dance on stage and while several showed their tits, they even got one super hot girl to show both her tits and her pussy. too funny what girls will do when a house camera is on them.

when Juliette Lewis came out, the singer goes to the crowd, "everybody, I know all of you want to fuck her!" "c'mon, you know you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        the guitar player is excellent, and last night he had the George Lynch Kamakazi ESP which was killer. he also has a green Robin with orange flames. I think he is the dude from Atomic Punks but I'm not certain of that. killer player either way.

:
        Yep - last i knew, Russ Parish was the guitarist for these guys.. don't think he's with the Punks anymore though...
        Great player and great tone

Comment

here's what Wikipedia said on this:

Saenz (the singer) is the current lead singer for the Van Halen tribute band the "Atomic Punks", and was lead singer for L.A. Guns for a short period of time. Parrish was formerly the guitar player for the Punks before being replaced by Lance Turner. Parrish was also formerly guitarist for the Rob Halford-fronted band, Fight.

Comment

Parrish is also on the first War and Peace album by Jeff Pilson of Dokken. I don't know if that project's still active though. Jeff's in Foreigner and they are booked through 2008.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

i love their song "stripper girl" back when they were called Metal Shop.
              fucking hillarious.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                i love their song "stripper girl" back when they were called Metal Shop.
                fucking hillarious.
                The whole CD, Hole Patrol, is fucking hilarious! :ROTF: I bought it from Metal Sludge along with a T-shirt not long before they parted with their management who owned the Metal Shop name. Brilliant parody CD with some good singing and playing on it!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Weren't they the same guys in the Discover Card commercial doing the bar mitzfas as washed-up glam guys under the name "Danger Kitty"?
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Yep - that's them

Comment

I think the totally awesome Ray Luzier is on drums (DLR band). He's a great drummer, and I know he was doing Metal Skool once upon a time. Not sure if he still is though.....

Comment

I think Brian Young (current DLR band) may have been in the Punks at one pont as well?

Comment

Russ Parish rocks.

Saw him in "Black Cloud" at the Troubedour in LA in 1991. Jeff Pilson, John Corabi, and Ricky Parent. Totally kicked ass. Later they were "War and Peace".

Comment

Lots of fun!

Seen em a couple of time recently when some friends opened for em and then when Winger did the same.

Guitar player is great and the somgs are cool.

After a while you just wish they'd shut up and play!!

1st time i saw em, the little dude from Queer As Folk Hal Sparks came up and just rocked a couple of tunes.

Definately worth a trip on a Monday!
                            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Working...
                            X