No announcement yet.

John Sykes - Still of the Night 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard something similar about Vandenberg and 87s Whitesnake album, but not about Sykes and Slide it In.....

Comment

I have both Slide It In versions, the original (European release) and the US release where Sykes dubbed some rhythm tracks and did some solos.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yea, according to Wiki he did overdubs on the US release
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Vandenberg only re-recorded the solo to Here I Go Again on the 1987 album.
          I thought the first Blue Murder album was his peak, but the production was a little off to me. I still thought they should have been huge. The second album was a disappointment, with the exception of We All Fall Down.

Comment

Vandenberg didn't re-recorded it, he just recorded it because John didn't
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

John Sykes & Adrian Vandenberg are both awesome players. Whitesnake is one of my favorites
              Distractress

Comment

Best Ballad ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71bG1CPVO1g
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs4p6t7jMI

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mr. Sykes................
                  Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                    it's not Sykes it's Aldrich.........................
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs4p6t7jMI

Comment

Originally posted by dusty_saturn View Post
                      it's not Sykes it's Aldrich.........................
                      Mr. Aldrich...............

Comment

I prefer Skys than Aldrich!
                        Mayzan
                        Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                        My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

mayzan, is there are reason why you are ressurecting old threads so much without actually contributing anything useful to the board?

Comment

Because he wants classified access.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Sykes is the shit. Here's my brush with the man...

He was doing a signing at NAMM 06. I had no clue he was even there. My buddy and I went to the Gibson "room" only to find out you needed reservations to go in. My buddy was arguing with the doorman. I started to back up when I stepped on a foot and heard, "Hey man, watch it". I turn around to find myself face to face with John Sykes. He's taller than me and a bit intimidating. So I look up at him, wide eyed, and mumble my apologies and said something to the effect that "Slide It In" kicked ass and got the hell out of there. He smiled at me and said thanks and that was it. I should have asked for his autograph but I'm not an autograph guy and Gibson would have probably charged me for it anyway...

Just realized this was an old thread. Oh well, I was in a story telling mood...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by mayzan View Post
                                I prefer Skys than Aldrich!
                                yea? I prefer Allditch to Skys
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X