Jason Becker Sig Guitar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Becker Sig Guitar???

This is supposed to be from his MySpace page. I don't go there so I'm not sure. Pulled from another site.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Peavey and the Holidays

Hey Peeps,

Thank you for all your sweet wishes. I say again my "fans" are the coolest ever, man. Apparently you guys wrote to Guitar World Magazine about my song Altitudes, so sometime in the future they are going to put it on a CD that will come with the magazine and include the transcription. You all are special.

Peavey just told me they want to be the ones to make my JB numbered guitar. They are really gung ho. They want to make a hundred availble for people who want one. They want to make it exactly how I want it. They plan to debut it at the summer NAMM show. This is much better than the uncertainty of Jackson. Jackson did say they got many calls about it. Thank you guys. The Peavey will be a lot easier to get.

Doesn't/didn't Tim have one of those? (if he's talking about the numbered fretboard)
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I think that they made a proto before the FMIC takeover and then FMIC decided not to make them. I'm all for Peavey making them.

Comment

I suppose a pic is available of the guitar he's reffering to.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I'm definately in if they make one!

Comment

That would be sweet, I always thought his Jackson was cool, but I think Peavey making it is sweet as well. Now I wonder what this will cost

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              I always thought his Jackson was cool, but I think Peavey making it is sweet as well.
              When did Jason Becker ever even play a Jackson? It never made sense that they would make him a copy of his Peavey. They did make a prototype a few years ago, and I believe Hippie Tim now owns it. Jackson was planning on donating some money to the ALS foundation for it, but it never got off the ground.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It was a Charvel prototype, and Hippie Tim used to own it.

More pics and specs here on Tim's site, under "Past Gear".
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  When did Jason Becker ever even play a Jackson? It never made sense that they would make him a copy of his Peavey. They did make a prototype a few years ago, and I believe Hippie Tim now owns it. Jackson was planning on donating some money to the ALS foundation for it, but it never got off the ground.
                  I didnt mean he played. but hes cleary pictured with one in a recent guitar world interview. Twice actually.

Comment

That's where I saw it! I remember recently seeing some pics of him with a Jackson "numbers" guitar and couldn't remember where. It was the issue with him in the Dear Guitar Hero section.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

What was the original numbers guitar? I went to JasonBecker.com and saw several pictures, but I couldn't read the headstock. The shape of the headstock looked unfamiliar to me also, so that was of little help.

Anyone know the original manufacturer?

Comment

Peavey
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

What issue was Jason featured in? I'd like to read it

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                              What issue was Jason featured in? I'd like to read it
                              The one that also feature EVH.

Comment

Working...
                              X