No announcement yet.

Warrant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that doesn't make sence, i think joey allen did do all of the leads besides for C.C.'s work on cherry pie

Comment

Endrik is dead on balls accurate, Tommy Girvin did a lot of the solos on all 3 albums, I know only because I know Tommy and have had a lot of fun with him out at my friends club and at the house jamming. He liked my tunes, and I was blushing I must say-lol He destroys the dudes in Warrant. He's very humble too, and he was part of the L.A. rock scene stretching back to the mid 70's. He's a great player across the board. Good call Endbat!!!
      Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

so what band was this Tommy Girvin in?

Comment

Eddie Money is all I am aware of.

Comment

The two tickets guy? Wow, i thought this guy could shred...guess ill check out some clips

Comment

Actually i just heard him and he sounds comparable to Neil Schon at best. Im sorry but im going to still live in my fantasy world (reality) the rest of my life and think Joey did them all like he says he did.

Comment

Tommy was also in a band called "Smile" ....some mid 70's band, and he has done many sessions but is uncredited. He has recorded with Eddie Money since the "Nothing To Loose" album (1988)

btw. I don't think he sounds like Neal Schon, more like Warren DeMartini... Mike Slamer sounds more like Neal Schon.

buickman, I perfer the real world myself even with the least musical hearing, it should be pretty obvious that Joey didn't played on the album.
                Last edited by Endrik; 04-05-2007, 02:28 AM.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Tommy can knock the snot out of the Warrant dudes. Smile's first album kinda came out a little too late, Halen had set the standard and direction of rock by then, but Tommy 's bands would play backyard parties with VH before fame and fortune came. The guy can swing.

Comment

you are absolutely right bro. that being said I think your playing style is kinda similar to his
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Even dog eat dog? They make a point right in the liner notes to emphasize that Joey played it all. Well, many of us never bought any Warrant beyond the first three, so it is just natural that most people assumed that was how Joey played. It has nothing to do with anyone's hearing ability.....when a guy is listed as the lead guitarist, talks about his solos in interviews, plays the leads well in concert, ,,,,,,,who's to second guess? All I can say is that it must have been a blow to the ego for these guys to not be good enough to play their own stuff on record. And I wasn't there in the studio with the band, so I won't pretend to be an expert. But if you listen to any of the somewhat more recent Ratt releases,(like even Collage, for instance,,,),,,,and compare Warren's playing to the earlier days,,,,he sounds much different too, lead-wise. People evolve,,,change,,,play differently. But then again, most people seem to be sure about this whole Warrant thing. Maybe it was the Milli Vanilli of the guitar world, who knows. I've heard this about other "pretty boy" bands from that era too. Oh well,,,,,I really liked the first three albums, and still think Jani Lane was one of the best songwriters to come out of that era.

Comment

Ahmen

Comment

Fred Coury from Cinderella couldn't nail it down in the studio, but he could live, it happens quite often that musicians are brought in to play the parts for the actual members of the band as they just don't have the timing down, and time is mucho denaro $$$$$ in the studio these days especially.

Comment

True, but nothing will change my love for Warrant

Comment

I saw Warrant on the "Dog" tour - they weren't bad, and Joey played the leads pretty well from what I remember. I think he layed them all down on the new cd "Born Again" - the solos were pretty toneful & melodic on those tunes. Not "shredder" but very "Warrant-like" and sure reminded me a lot of the stuff on "Dog". The cd itself is a cross between the early and "Dog" stuff. I really like it. Joey a decent player. Bummer to hear that he wasn't doing the leads on teh early albums...

Good thing Turner wasn't playing them though!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                                Even dog eat dog? They make a point right in the liner notes to emphasize that Joey played it all. Well, many of us never bought any Warrant beyond the first three, so it is just natural that most people assumed that was how Joey played. It has nothing to do with anyone's hearing ability.....when a guy is listed as the lead guitarist, talks about his solos in interviews, plays the leads well in concert, ,,,,,,,who's to second guess? All I can say is that it must have been a blow to the ego for these guys to not be good enough to play their own stuff on record. And I wasn't there in the studio with the band, so I won't pretend to be an expert. But if you listen to any of the somewhat more recent Ratt releases,(like even Collage, for instance,,,),,,,and compare Warren's playing to the earlier days,,,,he sounds much different too, lead-wise. People evolve,,,change,,,play differently. But then again, most people seem to be sure about this whole Warrant thing. Maybe it was the Milli Vanilli of the guitar world, who knows. I've heard this about other "pretty boy" bands from that era too. Oh well,,,,,I really liked the first three albums, and still think Jani Lane was one of the best songwriters to come out of that era.
                                Well, first of all, Warren always improved but still you can hear HIS vibrato and other nuances in 1984 or 1991 or 2007.
                                I'm not saying that Joey is a bad player, but it's definetly not him. Listen to his latest recordings and compare to the Cherry Pie album, Joey's vibrato is a lot more thinner, I've NEVER seen that player's vibrato or other things like that would decrease as the years go by. It's impossible. Just watch EVH, he is sloppy and whatnot but he still has the pitch, he still has the same vibrato, feel and whatnot as he did in 1980. These things only improve not the other way around, you can loose your chops but not your feel.

A lot of people suck in the studio. They can't record because they aren't confident and don't have a good timing. They can be badass players but when it comes to laying down tracks it's a different thing. This is something that needs to be practiced. Everyone is not like Steve Lukather.

Comment

Working...
                                X