Napalm Death.. Cor blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napalm Death.. Cor blimey!

Who around here likes Napalm Death? That Mick Harris is/was one fucking hyperactive drummer! Fastest band ever? I don't know, but it's extremely intense! Grindcore at its best

This group started a bit of a revolution back in the 80's.. A radio DJ (he was in his late 40's at the time!) unexpectedly took a liking to them and started playing their stuff on the radio. He let them come and play live in the studio too. Before you know it, they're nearly topping the charts.. Michael Ammot was penpals with Mick Harris, they'd trade tape-demos and Michael would travel to the UK to hang out with Napalm Death. Guess who happened to play guitar in Napalm Death at the time? Bill Steer, who also happened to have another project called Carcass Steer asked Amott to join Carcass, but Michael didn't like Carcass' first album "Reek of Putrefication" at all so he turned down the offer.. But then later he heard their second album and though "God, how could I turn these guys down, what have I done?" The rest is history..

The story of Napalm Death, or grindcore in general is pretty fascinating if you ask me! These guys definitely played a huge role in shaping the music to come! And they have something alot of bands these days seem to be missing: Humour and self-irony! Hats off to Napalm Death!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Get SCUM on CD, vinyl and digital download:North America - http://bit.ly/zZlSqSEurope - http://bit.ly/eJNfYmiTunes - http://bit.ly/JWArY9#napalmdeath #scum #...

"This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Napalm Death rocks!! I have the CD "Noise for Musics sake" its a 2 CD set..it wears me out! Inside it has a fold out on the history of them with all the players and what other bands they ended up in etc. It's interesting.

Comment

I freakin' love Napalm Death. One of the most powerful and intense bands on the planet - no face paint, silly costumes or pretend satanism. Nice bunch of guys too. I've been lucky enough to meet them at a couple of gigs, and they're always happy to chat with the fans.

Comment

From Enslavement to Obliteration...One of the most brutal no bullshit albums ever. What a great band.

Comment

I saw them live last week with Behemoth, Moonspell, Dew-Scented...

They put on a great show, especially Barney, the man is hilarious to watch! Best guitar sound of the night too.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

SCUM! fucking rules.

Comment

"You Suffer" has got to be one of the most brilliant songs ever..
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

napalm rules man!
                ----------
                Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Enemy Of The Music Bussiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                  Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                  Dimebag Darrell
                  Chuck Schuldiner
                  Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                    "You Suffer" has got to be one of the most brilliant songs ever..
                    the whole second of it!!
                    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                    Dimebag Darrell
                    Chuck Schuldiner
                    Cliff Burton

Comment

They became one of my favorite bands after seeing them play a few years ago with Cannibal Corpse

Comment

I've been a big fan since Scum came out. Coincidentally, I was just listening to Fear, Emptiness, Despair before logging on today.
                        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

they are playing at sin ciry in swansea soon shoudl get to meet the band. its a small club shoudl be able to get close enough to see them playing.
                          no sig.....

Comment

They're an amazing band. One of the first Grindcore bands I was proper into. Talked to Mitch about guitars for about ten minutes!
                            R.I.P. Jesse Pintado though

Comment

Last time I saw them, I was able to spend a few minutes talking with Mitch. How can such nice guys play such angry music?

Comment

Working...
                              X