Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little note on the ESP-endorsment debate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little note on the ESP-endorsment debate.

So, I was attending the Inferno metal-festival here in Norway last week.
    In addition to the gigs there was a Metal-Expo nearby with a few stands and stuff, and among others an ESP-stand (with 6 guitars...)
    However, there was a couple of signing-sessions at this stand during the festival.
    I didn´t really think much of the fact that the signing-sessions were located at the ESP-stand before seeing a couple if gigs later.

The guys from Dimmu Borgir, we all know they´ve switched, ok.

The live-guitarists from Satyricon, ok..., they´ve been playing PRS and Ibanez (?)before as far as I know, don´t know if they´ve switched..

Then Samoth turned up on stage with Zyklon using an LTD EX400 (the diamond plate model).
    I´ve seen a pic of him using this guitar before, but now he actually had an ESP Eclipse II in vintage black as a back up guitar. He didn´t use it though.

Then Abbath from Immortal came on stage using his old Ibanez Rhoads shaped axe, BUT with a red LTD logo on the headstock.... WTF...

I don´t have anything against ESP or anything, but hey, they seem to really mark their territory now..

What was Immortal's setlist? I heard the sound sucked :/

Anyway, when Satyricon played in Slovenia last October or November, one of the guitarist had an ESP Hanneman soloist guitar, the one that has half dot inlays and half eagles inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
      Isn't it supposed to? haha

ESP needs to make the guy from Nightwish a signature.. Pearl white MH-shaped with gold hardware.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Something like this I think:

Withstand the fall of time
        Solarfall
        Sons of northern darkness
        Tyrants
        One by one
        Wrath from above
        Mountains of might
        Unsilent storms in the north abyss
        The sun no longer rises
        Unholy forces of evil
        Battles in the north
        At the heart of winter
        Blashyrkh

The sound...
        The drums was to loud, just bassdrums and toms all the way, typically triggered, and very annoying.
        They also had some problems with the guitar-sound a couple of times, and once actually stopped the show, where Abbath shouted: Fuck you, no, fuck you!! to the guitar-tech, but it all just seemed a little childish.

It wasn´t really the reunion-show one could hope for like the unbelievable Emperor-show last years Inferno.

Thinking of it, you´re right about the Satyricon-guitarist

Comment

Yeah, ESP is taking over. I went to a Static-X concert recently and the ticket stubs said "ESP Presents Static-X". They too had lost their Gibson and Ibanez guitar and were playing ESP.

Comment

Yes! Yes!! I hope they keep the same setlist for Metal Camp! All the best songs from At The Heart Of Winter album! And rest of them are my favourites too!

BTW, Satyricon are looking for a new live guitarist...If I were you, I'd sign up. One more black metal band with Jackson guitars then . Speaking of that, Taake live guitarist had a black Jackson RR1 on this tour .

Comment

Jackson needs Mustaine.It would definitely change things.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

BTW, Satyricon are looking for a new live guitarist...If I were you, I'd sign up. One more black metal band with Jackson guitars then . Speaking of that, Taake live guitarist had a black Jackson RR1 on this tour .
                I´d gladly bring a couple of Jacksons into Satyricon
                But I doubt I´d get the job

After Taakes little stupid Germany-stunt I don´t know how their live-future is though..

Comment

When I saw Immortal, their drums were too loud too.

Satyricon sounded pretty good when I saw them... diff show.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If I get a myspace and post a few crappy clips oh me playing and say I record it with an ESP guitar, would I get an endorsement deal?

Comment

The Satyricon job might not be too hard to get a go at. A guy on an Irish forum got in touch with them and is going to audition on bass soon.

Comment

Yeah, Satyricon is not that hard to play. Most of the time it's just alternate picking on strings... I guess if you can play Mother North from start to end with no problem, you can get a job. Even if you don't like their music, I'd try to get into the band just because of the blond chick on the keyboards .

Hoest from Taake really fucked up, I was hoping that he'll come and play on Metal Camp too (he got signed up for PartySan), but there's no chance now .

Comment

Originally posted by kruneh View Post
                          So, I was attending the Inferno metal-festival here in Norway last week.
                          In addition to the gigs there was a Metal-Expo nearby with a few stands and stuff, and among others an ESP-stand (with 6 guitars...)
                          However, there was a couple of signing-sessions at this stand during the festival.
                          I didn´t really think much of the fact that the signing-sessions were located at the ESP-stand before seeing a couple if gigs later.

The guys from Dimmu Borgir, we all know they´ve switched, ok.

The live-guitarists from Satyricon, ok..., they´ve been playing PRS and Ibanez (?)before as far as I know, don´t know if they´ve switched..

Then Samoth turned up on stage with Zyklon using an LTD EX400 (the diamond plate model).
                          I´ve seen a pic of him using this guitar before, but now he actually had an ESP Eclipse II in vintage black as a back up guitar. He didn´t use it though.

Then Abbath from Immortal came on stage using his old Ibanez Rhoads shaped axe, BUT with a red LTD logo on the headstock.... WTF...

I don´t have anything against ESP or anything, but hey, they seem to really mark their territory now..
                          if they keep it up everyone will be playing esp's

Comment

In a way, the fact that ESP is dominating the endorser game isn't so bad. Because that means when you play a Jackson, it's actually somewhat unique, 'cuase everyone is playing ESP nowadays.

Yes, for the "company", the negatives definitely outweighs the positive. But since we as players can't change the way the company operates, at least we can console ourselves with this one positive...

Comment

This is very true...

Comment

Working...
                              X