Dokken From Conception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dokken From Conception

I have had this cd for little over a week now. If your a Dokken fan I say get it. Three unreleased tunes that are very good. You can here George tuning his guitar and setting up effects between some of the songs. His guitar solo is good, don't think it has been touched up, you can hear some obvious mistakes, which I like show that he was human before ripping it up throught the 80s and 90s.

I do however believe the vocals have been touched up. They are a little to clear and cut through the mix at all volumes. If your a Dokken fan this is one to add to your collection.

I picked it up last week too. I've heard a couple of the tracks because they're on the Lynchology CD. Probably a little to cleaned up for live, but it does sound good. The Lynchology CD has the live tracks with a real raw unpolished sound, whereas mudkicker is right on about the Conception album being polished up. Definitely worth picking up.

Comment

Is George on the whole CD?

I was thinking of picking this up, thanks for the review!

Comment

Yeah, it's George.

Comment

It's great. I've really been enjoying it. The sound quality is amazingly good.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I can't imagine Don polishing up vocals and leaving other parts fuzzy... What an egomaniac!

My old roommate was his cousin and used to see him at Christmas time. He was always struggling pretty bad - I guess he was pretty coked up, and didn't do it around the family, so he was kind of a recluse. He said even around family, he was a bit of a dick.

I'll have to check out the cd though - Love Dokken!!

Comment

Wow, check out this review from Overstock:
              To all but the most hardcore enthusiasts, Dokken are often thought of as somewhat wimpy hair metal sell-outs, defined by the misty-eyed lighter-raiser "Alone Again." This release, culled from the band`s first tour of Europe, attempts to correct that misnomer, redefining Dokken as one of the greasiest, rawest, and most inventive of the early `80s hair bands. Far surpassing all of their officially released studio albums, FROM CONCEPTION: LIVE 1981 is an incredible portrait of a bunch of metallers hungry to make a living and killing in the process. Call it Dokken: The Hamburg years. And pick it up.

"Far surpassing all of their officially released studio albums". That's quite a statement.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have a question about a Dokken tune. I had the single (yes, a 45 rpm record -lol) of Dream Warriors and on the B side was a song Back For The Attack, which I remember really liking. It didn't end up on the BFTA album, does anyone know if it was ever released on a latter CD or compilation?
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

i don't think so ...i have the same LP...it's also on my LP of burning like a flame too.....i think it must have purely been a b - side

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    Wow, check out this review from Overstock:
                    To all but the most hardcore enthusiasts, Dokken are often thought of as somewhat wimpy hair metal sell-outs, defined by the misty-eyed lighter-raiser "Alone Again." This release, culled from the band`s first tour of Europe, attempts to correct that misnomer, redefining Dokken as one of the greasiest, rawest, and most inventive of the early `80s hair bands. Far surpassing all of their officially released studio albums, FROM CONCEPTION: LIVE 1981 is an incredible portrait of a bunch of metallers hungry to make a living and killing in the process. Call it Dokken: The Hamburg years. And pick it up.

"Far surpassing all of their officially released studio albums". That's quite a statement.
                    I've listend to From Conception. Now I'd like to hear the album this guy's talking about.

George used to kinda suck. His solo spot on that thing is a sloppy mess.
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I have a question about a Dokken tune. I had the single (yes, a 45 rpm record -lol) of Dream Warriors and on the B side was a song Back For The Attack, which I remember really liking. It didn't end up on the BFTA album, does anyone know if it was ever released on a latter CD or compilation?

I have it on a cassingle. Plus that song is onDokken, The Very Best. I think that came out around 2000.

Comment

I just bought this CD today and I was surprised at how good it is. I really like some of the older songs I'd never heard before, despite the cheese lyrics. But I've been a big Dokken/Lynch fan for almost 20 years so I'm kinda biased.

Yes George's playing is a bit raw and sloppy in places, but remember this is live, his tone is pretty dry, and it is only 1981. He wasn't fully developed yet as a metal player.

Comment

It was released on the Japanese Best of Dokken cd.

Comment

Working...
                          X