Ratt Was Awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratt Was Awesome

I was driving yesterday and popped in RattNRoll.

"Back For More" is fukkin great. Starts with the acoustic.....
    their hooks were better than just about all the other bands during those days.
    Another great one............."Slip Of The Lip" Loose lips..sink ships....I like the way you move your hips...

Nobody fukin writes like that anymore. Today's music sucks dick.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

"hello dealer with snake eyes"
    Ratts Self titled EP,and out of the cellar,i thought were their best releases
    everything else was released for the chics,and became to sappy,and kinda ruined it for me
    http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
      I was driving yesterday and popped in RattNRoll.

"Back For More" is fukkin great. Starts with the acoustic.....
      their hooks were better than just about all the other bands during those days.
      Another great one............."Slip Of The Lip" Loose lips..sink ships....I like the way you move your hips...

Nobody fukin writes like that anymore. Today's music sucks dick.
      I am with you 100% Jeff. Everytime I pop in a RATT cd I think about how great those songs still are.
      You should check out some of the later Winger stuff too. They have so many great songs that never made it to video or the radio.

Comment

RATT made awsome banging music

Detonator is the ABC how to write a great guitar solo

Cellar and Invasion are full of sexy riffs and hooks

I love how they combined the sound and songwriting of Van Halen with sleaze, image and bluesy swagger of Aerosmith
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Agreed. Ratt was a great band. There's lots of Ratt fans on this board.

Comment

I absolutely love RATT. 'Lay It Down' and 'Round Round' are my particular faves (I've always liked 'Giving Yourself Away' too)!

Man I miss the 80's... musically... well, rock/metal anyway!
            sigpic
            And on the 8th day,
            God kicked back with a beer,
            And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Ratt is STILL one of my favorite bands. Part of the reason why I snatched up another Laney AOR half stack. And Warren's French guitar was the inspiration for one of my guitar builds.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
                I absolutely love RATT. 'Lay It Down' and 'Round Round' are my particular faves (I've always liked 'Giving Yourself Away' too)!

Man I miss the 80's... musically... well, rock/metal anyway!
                2 for that one!!!
                Lay it Down has a great little riff!

Comment

Yup- Lay It Down has that heavy back-beat thing during the verses. Then it goes into an Aerosmith style chorus. NOBODY does that shit anymore.

Todays music sucks so bad that if Ratt came out as a new band today- they would clearly be the VH/Zep/Aerosmith of the times.

Are the boys recording or writing anything these days?
                  Strat God Music
                  http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

wARREN WAS THE ROCKET FUEL OF THAT BAND IN MY OPINION, and his playing got cooler with every album.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yep.....that acoustic gives you some tempo...knowing that all hell is
                      about to break loose! it must be kranked! Todays so called super
                      bands, will be faded away in 10 years imo. IMO if the music is still
                      great 25 years later, then its GREAT! Too bad Steven Pearcy is like
                      DLR now and cant sing. A Local DJ makes fun of 80's metal all the time,
                      (hes 35 yrs old) I cant wait for hime to be 47 and find out that everything he loved is long gone, and Journey and many others are
                      STILL on the Radio! Great songs endure the test of time!

Comment

Ratt n Roll!

Comment

I heard that Steven Pearcy is back together with the "real" RATT. Is that true???? I heard it on the radio the other day. Would love to see that show!
                          Guitars:
                          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                          1988 Model 2,
                          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                          RR3
                          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                          2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
                            I absolutely love RATT. 'Lay It Down' and 'Round Round' are my particular faves
                            +2

and that blonde in LID vid was HOTTTTT!!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wasn't she the one that was on the album cover?

Ratt is coming to Albuquerque June 9. Anybody know which version this is? If jrnic is correct, I am so there. If not, well...I may still go.

Slaughter is coming with them. It's always fun to see Mark hit those really high notes

Comment

Working...
                              X