Ratm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratm

I wasn't a big fan of the rapping vocals when they came out, but Rage Against The Machine has really grown on me with those Morello Monster guitar riffs. "Killing In Ther Name" and "Bulls On Parade" have such huge guitar lines you can't ignore them. Plus the band has gained some serious respect in the guitar community over the years- always long after the band has broken up....

Now I read they are getting back together after the demise of Audioslave. Chris was always an asshole anyway.....good riddence.

This time around, this old man will take notice of Mr. Morello's genius.
    Forget the Harvard degree - Morello can pull great guitar riffs out of his ass better than almost ALL the current talent today.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

I can't say Rage is among my favorite bands, but I defenitely respect Morello's ability to come up with cool riffs.

Comment

He's certainly got a unique sound, but I personally don't like it at all. The solos especially hurt my ears

Comment

love his riffs, hate his "solos."

Killing in the Name is a HUGE riff, so fucking cool. I recently learned that one.

I'm no rap fan either, but Zach grew on me. I like the anger and aggression.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm a fan, have been since I first heard Killing In The Name. Went out and bought the CD and loved it! Great riffs, love the anger, and I like his solos. He tries to do something other than standard pentatonic rock licks and I think it's cool. There were so many bands in the 90s that did nothing for me, I'm trying to think of any that I actually bought a CD from. The only ones I can think of are RATM, Alice in Chains, and the first two Pearl Jam albums. Most of the bands from then - Soundgarden, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Days of the New, etc., had some good songs (that you heard 100 times on the radio) but nothing that inspired me to go buy a CD.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[quote=jwoods986;909237]I'm a fan, have been since I first heard Killing In The Name. Went out and bought the CD and loved it! Great riffs, love the anger, and I like his solos. He tries to do something other than standard pentatonic rock licks and I think it's cool. There were so many bands in the 90s that did nothing for me, I'm trying to think of any that I actually bought a CD from. The only ones I can think of are RATM, Alice in Chains, and the first two Pearl Jam albums. Most of the bands from then - Soundgarden, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Days of the New, etc., had some good songs (that you heard 100 times on the radio) but nothing that inspired me to go buy a CD.[/quote
            +1 on that !

Comment

I love his riffs but many are P-funk riffs, check it out.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I love Toms work in Rage Against the Machine, though I find Audioslave more enjoyable as I'm not a big fan of rap style vocals. In both bands he does all sorts of crazy and awesome stuff. And yeah, he writes riffs like no ones business.

Comment

Working...
                X