Lion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion...

I was rummaging through some of my old CD's when I came across 'Trouble In Angel City' by Lion (I didn't even know I owned it). Given that I have 'Dangerous Attraction' on my iPOD I figured that I'd give this a spin, and... well, I've always loved Doug's playing but his stuff on this album absolutely rips. The solo on 'Forgotten Sons' is immense.

Anyone else heard this album?

Actually, come to think of it, does Doug still play Jackson's (I've only seen him use LP's lately)?
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

YES!! Lion is all that and a slice of cheese. I've got all their stuff. I remember the first time I saw the video for "Power Love" - I was HOOKED!! Doug was playing a white 2-hum Soloist. I WANT THAT GUITAR... If you like Lion, you need to get Bad Moon rising and Burning Rain as well - Doug's playing is spectacular! He's pretty good on the Hurricane "Slave to the thrill" cd as well.

I haven't seen Doug with a Jackson in a long time. Mainly just LP's and Strats.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      I remember the first time I saw the video for "Power Love" - I was HOOKED!! Doug was playing a white 2-hum Soloist. I WANT THAT GUITAR...

He's pretty good on the Hurricane "Slave to the thrill" cd as well.
      Gotta love that white soloist:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yeah, I've got that Hurricane album (and their first one), quality 80's stuff right there! I know that Doug featured as a 'guest' musician on House Of Lords' second album 'Sahara' but you don't happen to know on which track(s) do you?
      sigpic
      And on the 8th day,
      God kicked back with a beer,
      And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Lion became Bad Moon Rising and released 3 import cds in the early 90's. Doug also did 2 Burning Rain records with Keith St. John (IMO a much better singer than Kal Swan). You should check them out if you dig Doug, he kills on all of them. He has been playing LP's and relic strats for a while now. I was backstage when he was in Dio and that's what he was using, and from pics/vids i've seen from Whitesnake, it's still the same.

Comment

Dunno how hard they are to come by now, but I think the first two Bad Moon Rising discs are Doug's best work. The songs are kinda paint-by-numbers, but with playing like that, who cares!
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Lion... Is this same Lion that did the original Transformers the Movie theme?

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Lion... Is this same Lion that did the original Transformers the Movie theme?
              You got it!

Comment

You got it!
                I was getting ready to put up a post about this! I just heard it on youtube the other day and said, "that's got to be Lion!"

The Powerlove video and Dangerous Attraction CD was also a definative moment in guitar history for me as well. I'd still love to have a soloist like that!

Comment

I've been a Doug Aldrich fan since back in the day. I think he would have been huge if not for Kal Swan's voice. I loved his stuff on Slave To The Thrill and Dangerous Attraction.

Comment

Never heard of these guys but very good! That singer is not bad at all IMO.
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

You got it!
                      Cool! I can't find their other music anywhere though. Of those here that own CD's by them, where did you buy them?

Comment

You may have to look to some of the import cd houses or eBay. I paid DEARLY for mine. I got them (mostly) as new imports, anf they averaged $40 a pop or more...

Comment

i have some lion,....they rock...tho i'vew had trouble finding any information on them really...

Comment

Hope I don't get in trouble for this. Mods, please delete if I'm out of line:

Trouble In Angel City
                            Dangerous Attraction
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
                              Dunno how hard they are to come by now, but I think the first two Bad Moon Rising discs are Doug's best work. The songs are kinda paint-by-numbers, but with playing like that, who cares!
                              There is a 3-disc collection of almost all of the BMR recordings, including all original 3 albums, called "Full Moon Collection". It features all but maybe one or two "B" sides that they did. It's not spendy either - well worth the cash if you are into Doug.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X