New Nightwish single?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nightwish single?!

Not supposed to be released til May 30 but it sounds legit. Sounds pretty good, a little weak
    compared to Tarja but still sounds like Nightwish

http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Female vocals sound like the new singer could be Liv Kristine Espenes Krull form Theatre of Tragedy / Leave's Eyes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
      Female vocals sound like the new singer could be Liv Kristine Espenes Krull form Theatre of Tragedy / Leave's Eyes ?
      That was my first thought, too. Except isn't this person supposed to be new to the scene? I personally would like to see Marco singing full-time, since this singer really doesn't suit Nightwish IMHO. Not going to happen though.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Well, I'm glad Simmone didn't leave Epica, and I'm glad Liv Kristine didn't leave her commitments....

For some reason I was hoping they would get Astrid of Ambeon... seeing how there doesn't seem to be much interest in a new album...

Fate of a Dreamer is probably one of my favorite albums of all time in the metal/prog type genre....
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm glad to see Nightwish doing something as they were my favorite modern band until Tarja left, but I don't like this singer for Nightwish.

She has no power, sounds like she should be singing soft rock

Comment

I'm stuck at home with no high speed! But I'm downloading it anyway. Let's keep in mind we might be hearing an audition, we might be hearing an unmastered version, etc. etc. Those guys know they couldn't get a hack to fill Tarja's...well, whatever footwear she prefers.

Either way, I'll reserve final judgement until there's an officials release.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              I'm glad to see Nightwish doing something as they were my favorite modern band until Tarja left, but I don't like this singer for Nightwish.
              Really? They were always like my least favorite.... After Forever, Theatre of Tragedy, Within Temptation, Tristania, Epica, Aghora, The Gathering, etc...

I pretty much like them all more than Nightwish... though, that's just me.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the more atmospheric stuff or the growly vocal stuff.

I like Nightwish in addition to power metal, prog doesn't do much for me.

Comment

Yeah, I tend to like the more goth, prog, opera metal when it comes to female vocalists...

Comment

If this is the same link I saw on another forum then its not the new NIghtwish. Its some sideproject by someone else in a similar style of music

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      After Forever, Within Temptation, Epica, The Gathering, etc...
                      These are all Dutch.. *proud*

Simone will never leave Epica their drummer did though..

(off topic: the new Epica album will be the heaviest they releast so far, it's gonna rule!)

For some reason the NW song doesn't work for me here.. I'll try it later on a different computer. I'm curious. NW for me had their ups and downs.. some awesome songs (wishmaster, end of all hope, kinslayer, elvenpath) and a lot of boring songs.. I lost interest in them along the way..
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
                        If this is the same link I saw on another forum then its not the new NIghtwish. Its some sideproject by someone else in a similar style of music
                        This definitely features Marco and a female singer that is not Tarja. I think it's probably legit

Comment

Not bad...
                          I was always a passive fan of Nightwish...

Good stuff
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

this is a band called: delain...
                            Yeah Marco sings but, the vocals are definetly from Liv Kristine :wink:
                            A total obssesed with this kind of music(specially Nightwish) fan
                            told me so...
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                              These are all Dutch.. *proud*

Simone will never leave Epica their drummer did though..
                              Yeah, well who cares about him... :ROTF:

(off topic: the new Epica album will be the heaviest they releast so far, it's gonna rule!)
                              That's good. I thought their last album... or at least the last album of theirs I bought wasn't heavy enough for me.

For some reason the NW song doesn't work for me here.. I'll try it later on a different computer. I'm curious. NW for me had their ups and downs.. some awesome songs (wishmaster, end of all hope, kinslayer, elvenpath) and a lot of boring songs.. I lost interest in them along the way..
                              Yeah, I have a few NW albums, but they never got much play time. I'm probably much more into the bands I listed above, and Aghora, Ambeon, Tristiania, LC, Atrox, Asmegin, Korovakill, etc... and stuff like that...

Comment

Working...
                              X