Eric Peterson teaches u how to play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Peterson teaches u how to play!

Why arent there such guitarists out there nowadays?

Eric peterson teaching a few testament riffs on youtube. BTW IMO he has a awesome tone on this video. Anybody know what his gear is?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Sam

I love Testament

Comment

Well he didn't teach it on youtube, he did it for Guitar World magazine...
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

oops... nevertheless, I think his tone was awesome.
        Sam

Comment

His wrist-movement is really controlled. Compared to him I'm just a hack-and-slash disaster!

Comment

...and his timing with the metronome is so precise. here I am thinking about programming my drum machine.
            Sam

Comment

Even his pull-offs are slowed down to be more or less perfectly in sync with the metronome. I've noticed a lot of guitarists really struggle with that.. That's dicipline.. Diciples of the watch!

Comment

Don't know what he is using there but he playes on a Triple Recto live and on "The Gathering" I believe.

I wonder if he uses that delay for rhythm live?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Eric is fucking awesome! Im proud he's from Oakland too
                  www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                  the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

I like the V and he does a good job of slowing down to show the riffs.

but these parts just reinforce for me that I just don't like Testament.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

^ how come? Testament would have been the "Metallica" of their time if not for Metallica. Talk about being at the right place but at the wrong time! Down the road maybe they wouldn't screw up their name like Metallica did.
                      Sam

Comment

not melodic enough for my taste.

I'm not dissing them or their fans, I've tried to like them several times but just cannot.

Comment

have you listened to their songs "return to serenity" and "Legacy" ?

Sam

Comment

yes.
                            not recently, but seeing the vids you posted, I do remember them. they just don't do anything for me.

I don't like Skolnick's buzzy guitar tones much either. great player but the overall package was never my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                              ^ how come? Testament would have been the "Metallica" of their time if not for Metallica. Talk about being at the right place but at the wrong time! Down the road maybe they wouldn't screw up their name like Metallica did.
                              Testament always had the better shows and a better following in the Bay Area. Anyone from the music scene during the 90's will tell you that.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X