Megadeth - United Abominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megadeth - United Abominations

Just got my copy and I gotta say, finally !

I wasn't as impressed with the last one as most people were but this one is really good. You'll have to excuse the blatant Iron Maiden riff rippoff on the 2nd song Washington is Next though. Lots of great straight forward late 80's Megadeth feel here.

cool, can't waite to grab it.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, I thought it wasn't coming out until sometime next month. I'll hafta get me one .........
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
        Man, I thought it wasn't coming out until sometime next month. I'll hafta get me one .........
        It's not, May 15th. Bit Torents are very cool

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
          It's not, May 15th. Bit Torents are very cool

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

How is it "your copy" if you got it on BT? Just say it leaked.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I've just listened to most of it and it's kinda disappointing once again. Not that it's a BAD album it's got lots of cool riffs and the playings good but its just got lots of predictable songs I had hoped it would be better cause I thought Sleepwalker and Washington... were pretty good but I was hoping those would be the most radio friendly and that's the exact opposite of what I'm hearing. Peace Sells was so cool cause you really had no clue where those songs were going, it had a real manicky, frantic kinda energy, and that's what made it so cool. This is just another album in a long line of formulaic radio formatted stuff that started with Countdown. Where alot of that stuff was good but the 1st 4 albums were great. I thought the last one was a major step in the right direction but thru track 9 this is a major letdown to me. And I do like alot of what Glen's playing but I prefer Poland by a long shot. Just my .02 cause I know most people here prefer the radio friendly Megadeth. And in that sense it is really good.
              Last edited by blindmuddy; 04-30-2007, 06:00 PM.
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

YES! It is finally out!
                I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Ya know, I saw it on the Bittorrent clients, but didn't download it. I don't make a ton of money, so I usually download a few albums to make sure I like em before I buy them (I want the books and all cool stuff that comes with it too!), but I miss that feeling of bliss I guess it is when you hear something for the first time and really like it. I just pre-ordered it and will just wait. Good to hear though it's a good album though, makes me feel better about spending my cash on something I'll enjoy.

Comment

Yay! Grabbed my download yesterday too as the pre-order is gonna take another couple of weeks...

I must say I think Washington Is Next is a great song, the more I hear it the more I like it and Sleepwalker which kinda passed me by when I first heard it has now grown on me too... but... but... I really don't like the majority of Glens solos Maybe another few listens and it'll make sense but they just seem to be wandering wheedlies that lack structure despite some of the cool scales he's thrown in there.

I know he's only another hired hand, and the thing I really admire in Megadeth is Daves song writing skills, in my mind noone writes better chugga chuggas than Dave. Radio friendly or not he still manages to get something interesting in there.

For me, UA will stand or fall on the song writing. TSHF is one of my favourite albums for this reason and Poland made the solos memorable but with or without him it's still got good riffs and I guess only time will tell...

Comment

Just say it leaked.
                      Again?
                      "POOP"

Comment

I saw the Heaven and Hell tour with Machinehead, Megadeth, and Dio Sabbath this last sunday night (cool- sabbath concert on the sabbath....huh-huh- ) Dave made a comment that someone leaked the album already- he didn't seem too pissed or anything, so maybe he had something to do with it?? I don't know- One thing I do know is I was disappointed with the overall sound production of the whole show- too loud for the venue/crowd size since it just roared instead of being absorbed by the bodies properly, if you know what I mean....and I'd have to say I'm not liking the sound of those Deans- Just not as ballsy and creamy sounding like the ESPs and Jacksons. (even with Dave and his new SD Live Wire signature Pups) Kind of hard to properly alienate the airwaves with such a radio-friendly tone, I suppose. Still awesome, just not quite what Megadeth sounds like in my mind- Believe it or not Tony Iommi had better tone and I'm not a huge Iommi fan personally. I've been seeing Megadeth since the mid '80s as much as I can, and after probably a dozen and a half shows over the years I can probably be considered as somewhat knowledgeable....maybe....
                        Drover's good- but not AS good as historic Megadeth members from the past by any means. Not as smooth or aggressive, and the Deans were really hurting him sound-wise IMHO....(saw him playing the ESPs a while back, too)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Lizardman View Post
                          I saw the Heaven and Hell tour with Machinehead, Megadeth, and Dio Sabbath this last sunday night (cool- sabbath concert on the sabbath....huh-huh- ) Dave made a comment that someone leaked the album already- he didn't seem too pissed or anything, so maybe he had something to do with it?? I don't know- One thing I do know is I was disappointed with the overall sound production of the whole show- too loud for the venue/crowd size since it just roared instead of being absorbed by the bodies properly, if you know what I mean....
                          thats true, the lights didnt even work for Machine Head in San Jose, sound was sucky. Megadeths vocals where fucked up, everything else was good.Sabbaths sound was perfect....go figure
                          and I'd have to say I'm not liking the sound of those Deans- Just not as ballsy and creamy sounding like the ESPs and Jacksons. (even with Dave and his new SD Live Wire signature Pups) Kind of hard to properly alienate the airwaves with such a radio-friendly tone, I suppose. Still awesome, just not quite what Megadeth sounds like in my mind- Believe it or not Tony Iommi had better tone and I'm not a huge Iommi fan personally. I've been seeing Megadeth since the mid '80s as much as I can, and after probably a dozen and a half shows over the years I can probably be considered as somewhat knowledgeable....maybe....
                          Drover's good- but not AS good as historic Megadeth members from the past by any means. Not as smooth or aggressive, and the Deans were really hurting him sound-wise IMHO....(saw him playing the ESPs a while back, too)
                          Yea, his "new" sound sounds exactly like his old sound, nothin great or makes me or anyone i know want to copy it, except his playing style. The new song sounded like mashed potatos, I couldnt hardly tell the tempo or any kind of changes.
                          www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                          the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801 View Post
                            Ya know, I saw it on the Bittorrent clients, but didn't download it. I don't make a ton of money, so I usually download a few albums to make sure I like em before I buy them (I want the books and all cool stuff that comes with it too!), but I miss that feeling of bliss I guess it is when you hear something for the first time and really like it. I just pre-ordered it and will just wait. Good to hear though it's a good album though, makes me feel better about spending my cash on something I'll enjoy.
                            Man, I hear ya bro!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw the Heaven and Hell tour with Machinehead, Megadeth, and Dio Sabbath this last sunday night (cool- sabbath concert on the sabbath....huh-huh- ) Dave made a comment that someone leaked the album already- he didn't seem too pissed or anything, so maybe he had something to do with it?? I don't know- One thing I do know is I was disappointed with the overall sound production of the whole show- too loud for the venue/crowd size since it just roared instead of being absorbed by the bodies properly, if you know what I mean....and I'd have to say I'm not liking the sound of those Deans- Just not as ballsy and creamy sounding like the ESPs and Jacksons. (even with Dave and his new SD Live Wire signature Pups) Kind of hard to properly alienate the airwaves with such a radio-friendly tone, I suppose. Still awesome, just not quite what Megadeth sounds like in my mind- Believe it or not Tony Iommi had better tone and I'm not a huge Iommi fan personally. I've been seeing Megadeth since the mid '80s as much as I can, and after probably a dozen and a half shows over the years I can probably be considered as somewhat knowledgeable....maybe....
                              I saw that tour on the very first date in Canada (We got Down ) Great experience for me, I have high hopes for this album, still waiting to buy despit what people have been saying that beeing said I think sleepwalker is the best megadeth song in ten years.

Comment

Working...
                              X