• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmm
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

While we're on the subject of Megadeth, how is that live DVD that came out recently? One Night Live or something, filmed somewhere in South America . I saw it at the used CD/DVD place the other day but didn't grab it, wanted to hear some feedback first. Is this the first live DVD from them? Did they ever release one from the Marty years?
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
        While we're on the subject of Megadeth, how is that live DVD that came out recently? One Night Live or something, filmed somewhere in South America . I saw it at the used CD/DVD place the other day but didn't grab it, wanted to hear some feedback first. Is this the first live DVD from them? Did they ever release one from the Marty years?
        That One Night, Live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I just picked it up two days ago. It's very good!
        Glen's got big shoes to fill playing parts from Marty, Jeff Young, Al Pitrelli and Chris Poland, but he does an excellent job.

They also had the Rude Awakening DVD back in 2002 with Al Pitrelli and Jimmy DeGrasso (which is also very good), but I don't believe they've ever released anything with Marty.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          That One Night, Live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I just picked it up two days ago. It's very good!
          Glen's got big shoes to fill playing parts from Marty, Jeff Young, Al Pitrelli and Chris Poland, but he does an excellent job.

They also had the Rude Awakening DVD back in 2002 with Al Pitrelli and Jimmy DeGrasso (which is also very good), but I don't believe they've ever released anything with Marty.
          There are plenty of live clips on "The Arsenal of Megadeth" with the RIP lineup. The funny thing I've noticed is that while all these people rip on Glen Drover about how he doesn't do Marty's solos justice.....from what's on there and various other concerts I've downloaded, Marty didn't either. Don't get me wrong....I love both guitarrists. But I wish everyone would cut Glen a break already.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            There are plenty of live clips on "The Arsenal of Megadeth" with the RIP lineup. The funny thing I've noticed is that while all these people rip on Glen Drover about how he doesn't do Marty's solos justice.....from what's on there and various other concerts I've downloaded, Marty didn't either. Don't get me wrong....I love both guitarrists. But I wish everyone would cut Glen a break already.
            Oh, yeah, the Arsenal of Megadeth DVD. I did get that last year, only watched it once and have forgotten about it. LOL Gotta dig that one out.

I wish people would give Glen a break, too. He's really very talented and does a great job.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There´s a bootleg of them playing in London in 1992 that you can see un youtube that has them playing great, but it´s not that good sounding. I think they shot it to have a concert video but later chaged they´re minds.
              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
              custom made Les Paul
              VOX Tonelab LE
              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
              ADA MP1
              BBE 422A
              Lexicon MPX-G2
              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
              Support Your Local 81

Comment

Glen's good- just not great IMO....and definitely not great enough to fight against bad sound. That's where the entire lineup past or present would lose the fight! I hate it when that happens....Iommi was loud enough to be heard over the mains at 40 feet or so where I was- that might solve the bad mix problem, Eh? LMAO!
                I got the 'That One Night' DVD a few days ago- definitely some good stuff! Worth buying, I'd say-

Comment

There's a concert that was broadcast on TV in Italy floating around the web that has the RIP lineup. That's all I'll say, you've gotta see it and form your own opinion. Watch it, then compare Marty and Glen. You should be able to find it with Bearshare or Limewire easily.
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                    There's a concert that was broadcast on TV in Italy floating around the web that has the RIP lineup. That's all I'll say, you've gotta see it and form your own opinion. Watch it, then compare Marty and Glen. You should be able to find it with Bearshare or Limewire easily.
                    I wish Glen could write a "decent" solo and not be able to play Marty solos... All his solos sound the same and he has no control over his phrasing. Most of his solos just sound like he doesn't know where they are going to On ATLM he added a part before Marty's solo. That solo piece is in fact very nice but unfinished he can't even realize that one. What I can't understand is how Dave can stand Glen..

Btw Glen doesn't fuck up while he's trying to play Marty solos, he can't give the feeling since he doesn't try to play note by note and he adds his own parts which all sound the same and which make Marty solos sound bad and which is simply bad

Playing live doesn't matter that much to me, it's about writing and Glen sucks at that. Megadeth had 4 guitar players in the past all of them were great (Except Poland I find him to be just good but not great) Now Glen is the guitar player and he's nowhere near good and I hate that as a Megafan There's not a single guitar solo on UA that made me want to learn how to play it.
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

As I recall after Marty left Dave talked somewhere about how Marty didn't play the Poland solos like they were on the CD's and that he wanted to get back to everything being as written instead of sort of changed because they didn't want to play it right or couldn't. I can't remember who it was that played with Dave right after but he said it was good to have someone play the solos as they were written. I haven't heard any of the Glen stuff so I don't know how he plays, but if he is not playing the solos as exact as Dave claimed at one time to want them, then i don't understand how he got the gig or if those comments were mostly a F-U to Marty.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                        then i don't understand how he got the gig or if those comments were mostly a F-U to Marty.
                        That probably is the latter one. I have lots of Megadeth shows, mostly dvds. I've seen Marty do things he normally doesn't do. For example the song Liar in SFSGW album has 2 really difficult solos written by Jeff Young. The solos have some fast palm muted alternate picking parts as well as some tapping parts. Marty don't do either in his solos, he hardly ever taps a note. He does them great live, he should have worked really hard. And this is from a show in 1993 which is 4 years after he got the gig and put out incredible work on 2 cds He easily couldn't have done that.

I've also seen lots of shows where Marty improvises his own solos as well as the solos by other players. But that's most likely due to him being drunk which I don't find unusual

He can nail lots of solos great, he can play his solos the same as they are on the cds.

Moreover imo Marty solos are the ones that should be played note to note, not the ones Poland or Jeff Young wrote when compared to Martys. I know how to play most of the Megadeth solos and that's what I can say for what it worths.. You can change lots of notes (or some parts in other words) of Poland solos, or Jeff Young solos. But if you change one note from a Marty solo it sounds odd %99.

Bottom line is (although to each his own) this album stands nowhere near Megadeth albums with Marty musically. Especially in the solo dep. And I don't like Glen

Edit: You guys should also watch Marty live with Cacophony! Amazing stuff
                        Last edited by NextInLine; 05-03-2007, 04:51 PM.
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I have seen this lineup of Megadeth twice. Glen did Marty's stuff note for note. Some songs he changed a few little things, maybe, not even the more difficult parts, but many songs it was 100% exact. He does Polands stuff better than any other Megadeth guitarist I have seen as well. (I have seen everyone except al pitrelli) His attack is much closer to Polands... more fluid. His Marty solos are note perfect but sound a little odd with that smooth buttery tone and attack. Marty was much more staccato.

The riffs are a little thrashier on this new one, a little. Otherwise its no surprises. Peace Sells is the anomaly in their catalogue. They have put out nothing else like it ever again. This one is closest to Countdown or maybe Youthanasia actually to my ears.

I saw the Ottawa Heaven and Hell show. Megadeth was on fire that night. Maybe the best I've seen them. Crowd went wild for them, partly since they haven't been here for 12 years or so. They were the best band. Sabbath was good, but there was a long stretch in the middle of the show about 40 minutes that really dragged. I also saw Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour, and of course the 2007 version falls a little short of the 1982 version, for geriatric reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by markb View Post
                            I have seen this lineup of Megadeth twice. Glen did Marty's stuff note for note. Some songs he changed a few little things, maybe, not even the more difficult parts, but many songs it was 100% exact.
                            Well you should be hearing 1 note out of every 3 :ROTF: J/K..

I also watched them live with Glen and have a couple of live videos together with the latest dvd "That one night.." He nails a couple of solos but if you're the guitar player of Megadeth that's quite normal. He changes most of the stuff. I can't stand it when he uses his vibrato on every single note, I don't like his vibrato he makes all the notes sound the same

The thing I hate the most is when he tries to change a part of the solo and ruin all the phrasing in the solo, since he can't do phrasing good enough even on his solos, he can never do it on other solos...
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                              I wish Glen could write a "decent" solo and not be able to play Marty solos... All his solos sound the same and he has no control over his phrasing. Most of his solos just sound like he doesn't know where they are going to On ATLM he added a part before Marty's solo. That solo piece is in fact very nice but unfinished he can't even realize that one. What I can't understand is how Dave can stand Glen..

Btw Glen doesn't fuck up while he's trying to play Marty solos, he can't give the feeling since he doesn't try to play note by note and he adds his own parts which all sound the same and which make Marty solos sound bad and which is simply bad

Playing live doesn't matter that much to me, it's about writing and Glen sucks at that. Megadeth had 4 guitar players in the past all of them were great (Except Poland I find him to be just good but not great) Now Glen is the guitar player and he's nowhere near good and I hate that as a Megafan There's not a single guitar solo on UA that made me want to learn how to play it.
                              That probably is the latter one. I have lots of Megadeth shows, mostly dvds. I've seen Marty do things he normally doesn't do. For example the song Liar in SFSGW album has 2 really difficult solos written by Jeff Young. The solos have some fast palm muted alternate picking parts as well as some tapping parts. Marty don't do either in his solos, he hardly ever taps a note. He does them great live, he should have worked really hard. And this is from a show in 1993 which is 4 years after he got the gig and put out incredible work on 2 cds He easily couldn't have done that.

I've also seen lots of shows where Marty improvises his own solos as well as the solos by other players. But that's most likely due to him being drunk which I don't find unusual

He can nail lots of solos great, he can play his solos the same as they are on the cds.

Moreover imo Marty solos are the ones that should be played note to note, not the ones Poland or Jeff Young wrote when compared to Martys. I know how to play most of the Megadeth solos and that's what I can say for what it worths.. You can change lots of notes (or some parts in other words) of Poland solos, or Jeff Young solos. But if you change one note from a Marty solo it sounds odd %99.

Bottom line is (although to each his own) this album stands nowhere near Megadeth albums with Marty musically. Especially in the solo dep. And I don't like Glen

Edit: You guys should also watch Marty live with Cacophony! Amazing stuff
                              Well you should be hearing 1 note out of every 3 :ROTF: J/K..

I also watched them live with Glen and have a couple of live videos together with the latest dvd "That one night.." He nails a couple of solos but if you're the guitar player of Megadeth that's quite normal. He changes most of the stuff. I can't stand it when he uses his vibrato on every single note, I don't like his vibrato he makes all the notes sound the same

The thing I hate the most is when he tries to change a part of the solo and ruin all the phrasing in the solo, since he can't do phrasing good enough even on his solos, he can never do it on other solos...
                              I have to completely disagree with you. I've seen EVERY mega line-up multipal times....yes even Jeff Young. Glen Drover is the real deal. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Comment

cant wait!!!!!
                                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                                X