No announcement yet.

Megadeth - United Abominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Glen has a nice soloing sense. A very smooth style, similar to Marty. He just doesn't get to do it very often with Dave taking the spotlight all of the time.
    Scott

Comment

I caught the Heaven & Hell show last Saturday, and GLEN DROVER NEARLY RUINED IT FOR ME!!

Megadeth did a GREAT set...the dudes were on fire, and they were running around and did a great show.

All except Drover.

His playing was fine, his tone was great, but I have NEVER seen anyone so blatantly bored in my life. I had to look to see if his shoes were nailed to the floor. And the few times he did look up from the guitar to acknowledge that he was actually playing live in front of 10,000 or so people and not sitting in his bedroom, it was with the most disinterested look imaginable. I was 3rd row, and the dude actually yawned at one point.

Now, I know it's not his band, he's doing it for a paycheck, etc. But if you're going to play guitar in a live band for a living, then at least ACT like you're enjoying it! I'm sure there's a few guitarists out there better then Glen working in factories or sitting in cubicles that would kill to have the lead slot for Megadeth. Somebody should remind him of that the next time he hits the stage and looks like he can't wait to get back to the hotel and catch a rerun of The Simpsons.

Heaven & Hell did a great show. Been a LONG time since I've seen a nice, big stage production.

I like the new CD. Is it Peace Sells or RIP? No. But it's better than a lot of the past releases, that have actually made me stop buying their stuff. Hopefully it's a step in the right direction for the next CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        As far as where this album fits in their catalog...music is Countdown-ish, vocals are solidly Cryptic Writings.
        Imo United Abomination cannot be compared to CTE and also CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
          Imo United Abomination cannot be compared to CTE and also CW.
          Oh, I never said the songs were the quality that they are on the aforementioned records. Just that the riffs and vocals could be compared to those albums' styles.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Subvamp View Post
            I caught the Heaven & Hell show last Saturday, and GLEN DROVER NEARLY RUINED IT FOR ME!!

Megadeth did a GREAT set...the dudes were on fire, and they were running around and did a great show.

All except Drover.

His playing was fine, his tone was great, but I have NEVER seen anyone so blatantly bored in my life. I had to look to see if his shoes were nailed to the floor. And the few times he did look up from the guitar to acknowledge that he was actually playing live in front of 10,000 or so people and not sitting in his bedroom, it was with the most disinterested look imaginable. I was 3rd row, and the dude actually yawned at one point.

Now, I know it's not his band, he's doing it for a paycheck, etc. But if you're going to play guitar in a live band for a living, then at least ACT like you're enjoying it! I'm sure there's a few guitarists out there better then Glen working in factories or sitting in cubicles that would kill to have the lead slot for Megadeth. Somebody should remind him of that the next time he hits the stage and looks like he can't wait to get back to the hotel and catch a rerun of The Simpsons.

Heaven & Hell did a great show. Been a LONG time since I've seen a nice, big stage production.

I like the new CD. Is it Peace Sells or RIP? No. But it's better than a lot of the past releases, that have actually made me stop buying their stuff. Hopefully it's a step in the right direction for the next CD.
            That's just Glen..I guess.

That's exactly how he rehearsed in John's basment...he was like a sour puss. That's just him man..

I talked to him for a while, that alone makes folks laugh..Mike Amott spewed beer out his nose..and countless fucked up moments with NM..Glen's a cool but pretty "stoic" dude.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The album is ok, but i miss the angry songs like Holy Wars, Kick the Chair and Symphony. its too intellectual for me. His tone is soooo bland to me, it sounds like he used a guitar rig plug in.
              www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
              the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

The album's number 8 on the Billboard 200 list in US! And it's number 5 in Canada( they didn't tell which list it was in Canada)

It's a surprise I guess.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

The first VanHagar album charted higher than any previous Van Halen record. Point?
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Overall I find it to be a good album. I wish their was more two part guitar parts/melodies. Dave sounds like Dave. I think it compares well w/ the post Risk stuff, maybe more radio friendly than the previous post Risk albums.

I do not like Playing For Blood it doesn't have anything spectacular or catches me. And the remake of a Toute le Monde doesn't work for me. The chicks voice is fine, but it doesn't fit when her voice becomes the primary voice & Daves is the background voice. During the Duet parts I think her voice should have less presence. As far as the instruments go, that kicks ass in this song still. I actually like the clean/acoustic parts better than the original.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I just compare the original Toute & the remake. The remake needs to be slowed down a bit as well.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Needs more cowbell.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
                          Peace Sells was so cool cause you really had no clue where those songs were going, it had a real manicky, frantic kinda energy, and that's what made it so cool. This is just another album in a long line of formulaic radio formatted stuff that started with Countdown. Where alot of that stuff was good but the 1st 4 albums were great. And I do like alot of what Glen's playing but I prefer Poland by a long shot. Just my .02

Exactly.
                          Hear the universe scream
                          Bleeding from black holes
                          Whom horns careless
                          And whom God mourns

Comment

The new album is alright, but I thought (in comparison to the newer albums), it was better than The World Needs a Hero but not as a good as The System Has Failed. The best songs in my opinion off the CD are Washington is Next! and Gears of War. Sleepwalker and the others didn't really do much for me. This album seems too much like a concept album for me. Hence the fact that we know Peace Sells had stuff about politics, and most of the albums do, but UA got kind of boring when you heard 7 songs in a row about politics. It was there on TSHF but not as much as it was on UA.

Comment

I did not like the album at all when I first listened to it. But now I think it is ok. Though still cannot be a classic like RIP or Peace Sells. I wasn't expecting a new RIP but I was expecting something more characteristic. What I mean is that for instance although RISK was composed of mellow, soft stuff it was different had something original. In UA, Mustaine and Drover seems like trying to show their shredding abilities rather than composing melodic songs as Megadeth used to do. Still a goog metal album, but not a good Megadeth album. But I am sure (this is not a hope) the next album will be great

Comment

I like the new album a lot. United Abominations is such a killer track, in my opinion. Sleepwalker is just a good ol thrashy song. Suprisingly, I love the song Blessed Are The Dead. That song has this one killer harmony part in the bridge i believe. Great album!

Comment

Working...
                                X