Graham Bonnett!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
    I actually dont mind Bonnett, sure is a hell of alot better than Joe Lynn Turner who seemed to follow him into gigs with Blackore and eventually Malmsteen.
    Better than Joe Lynn Turner? Me thinks you need your ears tuned up.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just found out that Graham Bonnet's playing a small club a few miles from here, the place my band has played a few times. And MSG (not the same night!). What's the world coming too, these guys used to fill arenas, now playing a tiny 3/400 capacity club in a backwater of the UK ???

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Better than Joe Lynn Turner? Me thinks you need your ears tuned up.
        What band was JLT ever in that he didn't ruin? NO BALLS!!!
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I only ever liked Bonnet on the Schenker album and I think Michael is the main reason I am able to listen to him at all. Love the wardrobe, though.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Bonnet is great when he's on and really bad when he's not..I think.

He's really hit or miss with me..Like Jimmy mentioned, his vocals can be cool on "Assault Attack"..Rainbow and Alkatraz IMO..but he can be really grating at times as well.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah he sounded awesome on all his records, but he was hit or miss live. that's what I get from the vids.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I loved all his studio stuff, but live he was hit or miss. Love JLT too, especially some of the stuff he's done lately.

Comment

I thought JLT was great with Malmsteen.Saw them live and he was right on all night.YJM messed up a few times but covered it well.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the best Yngwie show I ever saw was 1988 at L'Amour in Brooklyn with JLT on vocs. right after Odyssey came out.

Yngwie had his shirt off after the second song and he just fucking killed all night, it was non-stop. the place was on fire. Joe sang great that night.

Comment

I like both Graham and JLT. I even had "Down To Earth" cranked in the car today, which I think is a really overlooked Rainbow disc. I wish Graham had done another few records with Rainbow.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                        I even had "Down To Earth" cranked in the car today, which I think is a really overlooked Rainbow disc. I wish Graham had done another few records with Rainbow.
                        +1
                        that's a great album. Eyes of the World, Lost in Hollywood, fuggeddabowdit!

but Graham didn't seem to do more than 1 or maybe 2 albums with just about anyone other than Alcatrazz...

Comment

I've always been fond of ol' GB. I like his songwriting - not the usual "Swords, beer and shaggin'" metal lyrics. Another vote for Down To Earth here. I've heard that he's a bit hit-and-miss live, and that he can be a bit of a flake, but then again doesn't he have epilepsy or something?
                          If nothing else, there aren't many vocalists who've recorded with so many amazing guitarists.

Comment

Working...
                          X