X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Friedman on Japanese TV

Part one

Part two

Ah, Marty-Sama supaa guitaristu, sugoi! Marty-sama nihon-goga sugoi desu ka?

To be quite frank, I read that he spoke Japanese fluently and from what I saw in those clips that was no claim he couldn't back up. Which I think is very cool. I'm picking up the japanese language too from working with Japanese people and from watching anime and reading manga but I'm nowhere near as good as he is.

Oh well give me some time.

Wokarimasu-ka?

Not only Friedman.. A certain Paul Gilbert also speak very good japanese:

Here's a classic link:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Well,Paul's not a very fluent Japanese speaker.Marty started studying Japanese,while he was on tour with Megadeth in the early 90's.He admires the Japanese culture.

Paul started studying Japanese 4-5 years ago I think.He's getting further,tough

I'm thinking of learning to speak Japanese.I'll probably start next year.I need a second foreign language to get a job
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I also watch the othe videos with him and Paul Gilber and they just make me want to hurl!!! I expect this tipe of vehavior by Paul but not from Marty
        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
        custom made Les Paul
        VOX Tonelab LE
        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
        ADA MP1
        BBE 422A
        Lexicon MPX-G2
        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
        Support Your Local 81

Comment

I believe that Paul's wife is Japanese.

I know that my Japanese improved 300% after marrying my Japanese wife four years ago, even though I had already been living in Japan for about 2 years at that point.
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I don't see what Marty did wrong. He looks really uncomfortable with Paul.
            The key is you have to speak everyday and ask lots of questions. If you're not an asshole people are happy to help you out. Japanese are tickled when foreigners have a strong interest in the language.
            Most of my conversation partners are Chinese though My wife and I always speak english.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Man, the chickie in the prawn videos is hot... Me likey..

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                I believe that Paul's wife is Japanese.

I know that my Japanese improved 300% after marrying my Japanese wife four years ago, even though I had already been living in Japan for about 2 years at that point.

His wife's name is Emi.She's going to be playing "lead keyboards for" Paul's upcoming tour. (that's what he says on his website)

Comment

Emi is from Tokyo

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post

...where, is a city in Japan

Comment

Durrrrrrrr

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                      ...where, is a city in Japan

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                        His wife's name is Emi.She's going to be playing "lead keyboards for" Paul's upcoming tour. (that's what he says on his website)
                        She played keyboards for him on the G3 tour too...

Comment

Odd indeed...I guess thats Jap culture for you. Guitar parts are strangely funny though.

Comment

Working...
                          X