Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poison Ratt... and Whitelion... is it Vito? DiMartini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Ratt... and Whitelion... is it Vito? DiMartini?

I know its CC! He has nothing to do! But wondering if VIto is back
    on board? He walked away from 80's metal never to return? Did he?

Vito is NOT back. Warren never left.

Comment

I WISH Vito would come back, best Rock player from the 80s IMO
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

There's still a chance, but he and Tramp have a lot of fences to mend before it will happen.

Great player - one of the best, but not THE best IMHO...

*ducks* Here come the "EVH clone/imitation/pirate" comparisons...

Comment

Personally, I like Bratta more than Van Halen..There, I said it.

Comment

I heard Vito messed up his hand and can't play the same...but he was killer (not really original but hey who is)...

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
              I heard Vito messed up his hand and can't play the same...but he was killer (not really original but hey who is)...
              as far as I know, he hurt his hand around '93-ish, and it healed up pretty quick,

the reason he didnt get back out and tour and stuff was because his Dad got sick and Vito had to stay home and help out.

Sounds like one hell of a good guy to me

I know some people would call his style very much of an EVH clone, but once you hear the opening to the solo on "Wait," you get hooked for a lifetime
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

YUP.....that's what happened to me. Heard WAIT on MTV headbangers ball......bought the cassette when only one was available at a local record store..before they got big....and still can't stop listening to WHite Lion to this day. And learning Vito's guitar parts is truly enjoyable. I didn't really find him to be an Eddie clone at all.....I mean, just cuz he tapped? His style was pretty unique,,,and his solos were like poetry.

Comment

This tour is one I'm going to try my damndest to see.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                    YUP.....that's what happened to me. Heard WAIT on MTV headbangers ball......bought the cassette when only one was available at a local record store..before they got big....and still can't stop listening to WHite Lion to this day. And learning Vito's guitar parts is truly enjoyable. I didn't really find him to be an Eddie clone at all.....I mean, just cuz he tapped? His style was pretty unique,,,and his solos were like poetry.
                    + 1, if you call him an EVH clone, you have to call literally EVERY other guitar player who tapped an EVH clone.

Bratta was quite possibly the most melodic soloist ever IMHO
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                      + 1, if you call him an EVH clone, you have to call literally EVERY other guitar player who tapped an EVH clone.

Bratta was quite possibly the most melodic soloist ever IMHO
                      And....smoooooth

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        This tour is one I'm going to try my damndest to see.
                        I just picked up 2 seats on the floor for their show. Should be fun. I saw Poison the last 2 times they came around here to Jones Beach (1st w/ KISS and then w/ Cinderella) and I have to say they were pretty good. My son loves them. He's hooked on them since seeing them w/ KISS 3 yrs ago. RATT should be good too. They way I look at it, too bad Vito isn't playing but when you have all 3 bands playing with their original lead singers it should sound good anyway!
                        Guitars:
                        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                        1988 Model 2,
                        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                        RR3
                        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                        2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                          I just picked up 2 seats on the floor for their show. Should be fun. I saw Poison the last 2 times they came around here to Jones Beach (1st w/ KISS and then w/ Cinderella) and I have to say they were pretty good. My son loves them. He's hooked on them since seeing them w/ KISS 3 yrs ago. RATT should be good too. They way I look at it, too bad Vito isn't playing but when you have all 3 bands playing with their original lead singers it should sound good anyway!

I also got tickets for Jones Beach...should kick ass

Comment

I think a lot of people call Vito a VH clone because apparently back in the day before White Lion he could nail the whole VH catalog note for note. At least that's what I've read. I saw them with Kiss too, back when Wait first came out on the radio. I loved Wait, but seeing him live totally blew me away...and they blew Kiss away that night too. Not a good time for Kiss. Their playing some outdoor gig south of Memphis, and if Vito were there I'd definitely go see it. And Ratt's gotta be better with Stephen than they were last tour with Jizzy. Why Corabi wasn't singing is beyond me. Even Firehouse kicked their ass last time.

Comment

Firehouse is a suprisingly great live band.

I would have LOVED to have seen Vito live, that alone would be one hell of a show.
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X