Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poison Ratt... and Whitelion... is it Vito? DiMartini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Firehouse really impressed me last year. I hate to say, I didn't care for them that much when they were new, mostly because of the ballads. But their other stuff kicks ass. And they still put on a great live show.
    I saw Vito several times with White Lion, and to me he always stole the show, even when they opened for Whitesnake.

Comment

Anybody got any tour dates? Please tell me this is hitting South Florida.
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

I saw Vito with WL back in 90 on the Ozzy tour and he shredded. Too bad he's not on the new WL roster....

Comment

Originally posted by tmmsjm View Post
          Yeah, Firehouse really impressed me last year. I hate to say, I didn't care for them that much when they were new, mostly because of the ballads. But their other stuff kicks ass. And they still put on a great live show.
          I saw Vito several times with White Lion, and to me he always stole the show, even when they opened for Whitesnake.
          They are probably one of the most fan-friendly bands I have ever seen. They'll go out of their way to see the fans after a show. You gotta respect that. They didn't forget who got them there.

I've seen them a number of times live, and they've impressed me every time. The are the definition of PRO. Very tight, and always sounding GOOD. Like them or not, if you haven't heard them, you're missing out on a good show with some VERY talented guys.

KISS sucks.

Comment

The new White Lion has a website. Check it out: http://www.trampswhitelion.com/

Comment

the guy second from the right looks like he's been dead about a week
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

I just saw Lynch at a clinic last night and during the question-and-answer, he said that he was offered to play with RATT on this tour but negotiations fell through. Imagine seeing RATT w/Warren and Lynch?? That would have been awesome!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

George can't play well with others...guitarists anyway...

But that would be pretty cool to see. He'd probably steal Warren's amp again!!:ROTF: Wait... that's probably why the negotiations fell through!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    I just saw Lynch at a clinic last night and during the question-and-answer, he said that he was offered to play with RATT on this tour but negotiations fell through. Imagine seeing RATT w/Warren and Lynch?? That would have been awesome!
                    Two lead guitarists in one band on one tour is like putting a polar bear in a refridgerator box with a gorilla. Something is going to go down and it's not going to be pretty. You'ld think your going to get one hell of a show but they end up fighting each either all the way to the end. A good but different example: anybody see Eddie and Sammy in 2004....they never even made eye contact!

Ratt should be a interesting show this year. They were good in RNS a couple of years ago, but I don't think Warren dug being an opener for Cinderella. He played and got the fuck off stage. hopefully this year: 1. Him and Pearcy don't get all pissy at each other. 2. Play a set like they're there to make up for some lost time.

By the way, Corabi fills the gap pretty well. He's a solid performer.

Comment

I saw Vito at a convenience store (Ralph's?) on Ventura Blvd. He was in the queue opposite, and I was thinking "Jeez, that dude looks just like the guy in White Lion". He saw me, and gave me one of those "Yup, it's me..." kinda looks.

Comment

Got tix to see Ratt and Poison in a few weeks, White Lion isn't on the bill for this show.. It's gonna Rock. Vito ROCKS!! I listened to an interview w/ him a few weeks ago, Pretty nice.. Link

http://eddietrunk.com/picturesarticl...ictures_id=183 Maybe it's still there somewhere..

Comment

Sounds like White Lion might be off the tour now. Something about a lawsuit over the name. I would say this will sink the final nail into the coffin as far as Vito ever touring with WL again...

Too bad. What a dick. At least Mike Tramp is still out there trying to keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                            Sounds like White Lion might be off the tour now. Something about a lawsuit over the name. I would say this will sink the final nail into the coffin as far as Vito ever touring with WL again...

Too bad. What a dick. At least Mike Tramp is still out there trying to keep it going.
                            A friend of mine use to be Vito's guitar tech , so i've known them since their
                            early Lamour"s day's.... Tramp is the one whose a total tool, Vito's one the
                            easiest going and down to earth guys you'll ever meet... i still cringe recalling Tramp annoying accent..especially when he was cursing because no was paying any attention to him... total diva!! ( should been born with Breasts)

Comment

Doesn't change the fact that Vito won't tour and won't give Mike the right to tour with the name he co-founded. Besides that, Mike's a lead singer - what the heck did you expect!?!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                                Doesn't change the fact that Vito won't tour and won't give Mike the right to tour with the name he co-founded. Besides that, Mike's a lead singer - what the heck did you expect!?!
                                With Mike the only original member, it really isn't fair to call it White Lion. James Lomenzo is in Megadeth, and who knows where Greg D'Angelo is? Then again, the only White Lion album worth getting anyway was their first one, Fight To Survive.
                                Mike Tramp's Freak of Nature albums from the mid '90s were excellent, though. They were a kick-ass band who should have kept going.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X