Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DreamTheater video on YouTube

for all you DT fans out there....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I like this song alot. What do you guys think?

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

I like Dream Theater, but this song was just alright, to me. I like their older stuff much better. Sounds too Nu Metal for my liking.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

uguh terrible vocals! was good till that point
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

It sucks, they might as well retire now while they are ahead. I'm a big fan of DT and was going to get the new album coming out in June, but I think I'll skip this one. The last album was much better. I think they are trying to please the record companies, and follow the trend for this dark kind of sound. I read the Petrucci article in "Guitar One" mag and it really sounds "unlike" DT to come out with this newer trendier sound.

Thanks for posting! On the plus side I saved some money. Now I can go buy some more pics
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I think its fucking awesome... I dunno, maybe its because Im a proverbial DT n00b, only been listening to them for 4-5 years now... but I love Train of Thought, yet I think Oct. was pretty damn weak.

And I still think James is a good singer.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well, I never really heard their stuff before, so I can't judge based off of anything else they did, but I kinda liked it. I don't like the vocals (the only reason I never listened to em really), but I kinda expected I wouldn't like it before I clicked the link. Thanks for posting it though!

Comment

Pretty cool - Reminds me of Glass Prison.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

i like the vocals, very power metal, but they took a little bit to get a custom too. i couldn't see who was soloing, unless he was using a octave pedal.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Love the song, eve if there are at least 3 minutes of non sense...
                  Light Lies Trailer
                  www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
                  www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

Excellent. I am definitely getting the new CD. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                      i like the vocals, very power metal, but they took a little bit to get a custom too. i couldn't see who was soloing, unless he was using a octave pedal.
                      That's cause it's not a live performance. You see Petrucci riffing away during his own solos
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        I think its fucking awesome... I dunno, maybe its because Im a proverbial DT n00b, only been listening to them for 4-5 years now... but I love Train of Thought, yet I think Oct. was pretty damn weak.

And I still think James is a good singer.
                        Same hee My facorite stuff is their heavier 7 string stuff.
                        I think the vocals are kind of lame on this song but the jamming more thatn makes up for it.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

This and Constant Motion are definitely more modern sounding, yet the musical excellence shines thru. Both songs sound really tight and the drumming is as close to Peart style excellence as I have heard. I think the new album will deliver if these songs are any indication of how good it is going to be.

chuck
                          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Started ok - although the chorus section sounded really familiar for some reason (although I've had a few beers, so "Hey!"), and a bit of it reminded me of Mudvayne's "Dig", but I've had a few beers.......etc. The middle bit - "Feh" - odd time signatures for odd time signature's sake. Solo - JP's flawless technique as always, but the vid could have shown it instead of the riffing -and otherwise uninspiring. Some of JP's solos make the hairs stand up on the back of my arms. Not this time. I loved Train of Thought & will probably get this one & spend a bit of time with it......But I'll be thinking of "Train".
                            Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarnut View Post
                              and a bit of it reminded me of Mudvayne's "Dig".
                              yeah they used Mudvayne's elements, specially the bass slap/pop part
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X