No announcement yet.

New DreamTheater video on YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was cool till the vocals came in. I used to like them then I saw them live (gigantour first year) and I they sucked so hard i stopped listening to them.

Comment

I really dug that.

Comment

I like CM and TDEN, but they're hardly representative of the whole album, and far from my favorite DT songs. They wrote the entire album before being signed to RR, but RR decided to put these two songs out first. Great to see the MK IV out too, his tone is much better on here than his previous RK tones, imo. I wonder what his live-rack will be this time around. Probably a pimped out version of his G3 MK IV rig. There's some Zakk Wylde OD going on in TDEN as well. He used his IIC+ boosted for most leads. Constant Motion has one of his best lead sounds, though Repentance and ITPOE pt I have to take the crown. And a Lonestar for cleans it seems. (Is that Boss TU2 or Noisegate pedal? The white one?)

I got my both copies pre-ordered at Amazon.de (june 1st release as opposed to 5th).

But let me tell you, I'm from the future, and the rest of the album is breathtaking, miles ahead of Octavarium (which, besides the title track I did not like at all) and probably the best thing they've done since Scenes. Seriously there are some moments on that CD which will make you feel you're listening to Awake-era DT and Scenes-era DT all in one.

RR is definitly pushing DT to the crowd hard and doing a good job at it.
        Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 05-18-2007, 07:39 AM.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          I can't watch the vid here at work, but I'd like to put in my comment on DT:

Everything after 6DOIT sounds exactly the same: generic trendy metal on 7-strings. Images & Words is my favorite album by them. I think it's their most unique sound, plus Under a Glass Moon has an amazingly cool guitar solo.
          Exactly. My favorite Petrucci solo, too.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

I was VERY happy to see Myung playing a Music Man Bongo bass and not those horrible Yamahas of his. Yamaha can make a fine bass, but his models were garbage. The Bongo is a dream bass, easy to play and the tone pallette available is enormous. If they make him a 6 string Bongo sig that would be big news in the bass world, I'm sure.
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

The making of constant motion is pretty cool. I absolutely worship that solo.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Not loving the vocals but 3 cheers for stepping outside their normal box a bit. Fantastic playing per ususal though! Z

Comment

Yeah, its different for them but as always, Dream Theater just kills! That band is head and shoulders above just about everything else out there. Already got my tickets to see them live in August in Cleveland. This will be the third time I've seen them.

Rudy
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                  X