saw michael angelo friday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw michael angelo friday.

It was a dean clinic in bfe, iowa. probably about 100-150 people. He came out and jammed to some backing tracks off a few cds. The guys' technique is incredible, pretty much flawless. The note count in a n hour had to be in the hundreds of thousands, haha.

On a side note, if you get a chance to see it, go for the sheer comedy aspect of it. He shows how to "assume the shred position", count everything using multiples of devil horns, (as in "this is track 6 off my cd" - flashes 3 sets of horns), and how to say metuuuuullllll really evil into the mic. He also seemed wired as shit, and never really answered any questions.
    Last edited by clifffclaven; 05-13-2007, 12:42 PM.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Cool . I saw him too, he came to my hometown and had a clinic here in March...about 100 people in small bar, I got lots of time after the show to talk with him and noone was around him (strange considering he's one of the best shredders ever, huh?). He's a very cool guy!

I got a picture with his double Dean too

He also signed one of my guitars and backplates of the others .

Comment

He isn't only shredder...when Angelo had clinic in Helsinki, Finland he played also blues and other music styles. Incredible player

Comment

Saw him on the same date as Nazgul... We were the only 2 folks that talked to him etc...
        He is really the best shredder... He got his technique down and everything...
        And he is really a cool cat to talk too and stuff... He signed backplates, guitars, shirts, posters...
        Here is a pic of me with him and his double guitar and also the guitar that he signed(Nazgul`s RR-J2SP):

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/IMG_2249.jpg
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Uros is cuter
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Uros is cuter
            Thanks Ron .

Comment

But can he write a memorable song?

I think not.

The only song worth mentioning from Nitro was the Cat Scratch Fever cover...

Comment

IMO, No Boundaries and Rain Forest are pretty memorable.

Comment

Yeah, I guess...

I've never been a fan of instrumental albums, always found them very boring.

I was thinking back to the Nitro stuff with Jim Gillette and how the songs pretty much blew.

Funny how some guys are incredible talents on guitar yet they can't write songs to save their life. Another amazing player that comes to mind is Craig Goldy. His solo records were awful.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Uros is cuter

You're the cutest.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                      But can he write a memorable song?

I think not.

The only song worth mentioning from Nitro was the Cat Scratch Fever cover...
                      Oh, nitro wrote "memorable" songs, alright.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"freight train"? more llike a fkn "train wreck"
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

That is the ultimate "Spinal Tap" video of 80's hair metal... :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          Oh, nitro wrote "memorable" songs, alright.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"freight train"? more llike a fkn "train wreck"
                          Worst solo ever imo (the first one and he also uses the arpeggio's in the last one...)

Comment

I was there with Cliff last Friday. Michael's playing was incredible, but some of his comments were way bizarre.

Like these -

When talking about his music degree. "Am I the smartest guy in the world, no. But I'm *really* smart".

While getting ready to do his version of Crazy Train. "Randy Rhoads was a pretty good tapper. I'm really good at tapping. But I prefer sweep arpeggios so that I can play 50 million more notes".

When talking about his Guitar World column. "I'm a columnist in Guitar World now. Actually, I'm a celebrity columnist."

Anyway, he's got a lot of Spinal Tap in his persona, but you cannot deny the guy is a one in a billion talent. The song he did where he used that double guitar was something that you have to see to believe.

Comment

He doesn't take himself too seriously and I like that about him

Comment

Working...
                              X