X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    But can he write a memorable song?

I think not.

The only song worth mentioning from Nitro was the Cat Scratch Fever cover...
    LOL. That is one of the worst cover tunes in history. It is shred-o-metal-matic at it's least finest. The horrible screaching vocals, the retarded meedley, and the oh-so predictable double bass drums. The only thing worse would have been if they covered a Who's Cryin' Now by Journey.

The only cover tune I can think of that is worse than Nitro's Cat Scratch Fever is Metallica's version of Turn the Page.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      have you listened to his cover of hendrix's "All along the watchtower"? If the great man were still alive, I bet he would be moved by Batio's playing. Angelo is my fav shredder.
      Are you serious? He covered a Dylan tune? Yowza. Shawn Lane did "All Along The Watchtower" as well - it was horrible and I normally like Shawn Lane. I can't imagine how terrible Batio's version is.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        LOL. That is one of the worst cover tunes in history. It is shred-o-metal-matic at it's least finest. The horrible screaching vocals, the retarded meedley, and the oh-so predictable double bass drums. The only thing worse would have been if they covered a Who's Cryin' Now by Journey.

The only cover tune I can think of that is worse than Nitro's Cat Scratch Fever is Metallica's version of Turn the Page.
        Well, me being a huge 80's shred/hair/melodic metal fan, I dug it.

But then again, I think the first Vinnie Vincent Invasion record is one of the best records ever recorded, so I like the over the top stuff.

The difference between Vinnie and Battio is one can write songs, the other can't IMO.

Comment

I too am a fan of 80's shred/hair/melodic metal but I don't much like Nitro or the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

But if I had to choose, I'd take Nitro. I can at least remember their songs - I don't care for anything on the VVI CD.

- Newc

Comment

No "Boyz R Gonna Rock" for HT!

Comment

well, it seems like we have set different priorities in shred. For me precision, attack and tone are the more important than if the song is memorable or not. Notice how you can hardly hear the the low notes in a descending run when Yngwie is playing? It just is a muddled set of notes when he reaches the low e string. In Angelo's case each and every note is clearly audible and so precise. I think that is what matters the most.
              Sam

Comment

Working...
              X