No announcement yet.

saw michael angelo friday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge "hair metal" fan but I must say that Nitro is the perfect example as to why the genre died back in the 90's (one of the reasons anyway...there are many others). As George Lynch once said: "the hair couldn't get any bigger, you couldn't play any faster". Nitro was as outrageous as it gets.

I'm going to get one of their albums.

Comment

I am amazed by his technique and talent, but cant get into anything
      he plays as it has no melody. Typewriter metronome on 400! His
      songs are flat and drone like imo. Same as "Buckethead" imo.
      Shredding monsters, but no mojo. Give me Greg Howe anyday!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
        He doesn't take himself too seriously and I like that about him
        judging from his personna on friday, he takes himself waaaay too seriously.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

So, once and for all, does he wear a wig?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            Give me Greg Howe anyday!
            Hell yeah!

"High Gear" is just unfuckinbelievable. Greg Howe is a stunning player.

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post

Yes,as far as I know.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                I am amazed by his technique and talent, but cant get into anything
                he plays as it has no melody. Typewriter metronome on 400! His
                songs are flat and drone like imo. Same as "Buckethead" imo.
                Shredding monsters, but no mojo. Give me Greg Howe anyday!
                I don't think you can really throw Buckethead in there. His album Colma is full of beautiful clean songs and hardly any shredding at all.

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
                  I don't think you can really throw Buckethead in there. His album Colma is full of beautiful clean songs and hardly any shredding at all.
                  I have to agree about that. Haven't heard much of his other works though..
                  Please people.. I know it's easy to judge people by what you see on youtube, but if you really want to be sure you know what you're talking about listen to an entire album or two by said artist.. Buckethead isn't just "shred", far from it.
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                    But can he write a memorable song?

I think not.

The only song worth mentioning from Nitro was the Cat Scratch Fever cover...
                    have you listened to his cover of hendrix's "All along the watchtower"? If the great man were still alive, I bet he would be moved by Batio's playing. Angelo is my fav shredder.
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                      Worst solo ever imo (the first one and he also uses the arpeggio's in the last one...)
                      Thats actually a VERY shitty version, I believe its overdubbed. I have the origonal song and it sounds MUCH better than that.

I havent to like Nitro, especially freight train!
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                        judging from his personna on friday, he takes himself waaaay too seriously.
                        Nah, I get the impression he was trying to be humorous, and maybe, as you said, was wired too. Of course you were there, but it sounds like his attempts at humor just fell flat.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                          That is the ultimate "Spinal Tap" video of 80's hair metal... :ROTF:
                          Well, it's fitting that he's a dead-ringer for Nigel Tufnel with that rug on his head!

That being said, he's an awesome shreader that can appear at 10 demos at NAMM simultaniously...
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            have you listened to his cover of hendrix's "All along the watchtower"? If the great man were still alive, I bet he would be moved by Batio's playing. Angelo is my fav shredder.
                            that was horrible
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                              When he was taking questions a teenager asked him "who is your hair stylist". Michael was visibly shaken and pissed off by the question. He told the kid "that is a stupid question....next"

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                Ummm, doesn't that prove my point?

Another cover song.

No question he's incredibly talented. I just don't think he can write a song to save his life, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X