Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New King Diamond Track available for download...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New King Diamond Track available for download...

Making a positive impact through music- Home of bands like Neck Deep, Sum 41, New Found Glory, The Wonder Years, and more.

Sounds like a track from Abigail II to me.

yeah, but i like it. he is "mellowing out" in his old age. the music is way more melodic now and his voice is not as annoying as it was in the old days.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

yah, i like the mixing and the overall song! Im with MArk, nice and melodic!

Comment

Hmmmmm.....

I reallllly like earlier King Diamond like Abigail, Them, Conspiracy (more the music than the vocals), but I really lost my taste for them on the later stuff. Seems they lost their "magic" somehow, and the music just quit grabbing me. It used to be really wicked sounding and they lost it. I still like the old stuff.

This, I like where he's gone with the voice, less irritating (mostly cuz he can't hit the higher stuff anymore live). But, the music doesn't do much for me... The guitar tone has gotten generic it seems (sounds like a modeller into the board) and they just aren't doing anything really tasty in the rhythms. Although Andy is certainly playing nicely for sure, his soloing is going well.

I'll still go see them when they come (if they actually get a tour out of this).

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          Hmmmmm.....

I reallllly like earlier King Diamond like Abigail, Them, Conspiracy (more the music than the vocals), but I really lost my taste for them on the later stuff. Seems they lost their "magic" somehow, and the music just quit grabbing me. It used to be really wicked sounding and they lost it. I still like the old stuff.
          Same here. Though, I've always loved his vocals. I've been a huge fan of his since he started, loved Fatal Portrait, Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, The Eye and The Spider's Lullabye. After that, it seemed like the magic was gone, something just disappeared.
          The Graveyard and Voodoo were just okay, House of God I liked better, Abigail II was decent (I loved the story line, just couldn't get into the music as much), and The Puppetmaster was just okay. I don't know what it is, but I love reading his lyrics, just the music doesn't grab me any more like it used to.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

see, i really like the "classic" albums he did, including the early MF stuff....but i think they "lost" it starting with spider's lullabye.....the graveyard has MAYBE 2 good songs.....voodoo was better, abigail 2, even better....puppet master was a turd to me....

the big thing that seems clear to me is that after the classic lineup with mickey dee disolved, KD's whole style seems to have changed. while he and andy have been the consistent "team", it is almost like they have puposely gone in a writing direction that let's king do more with the vocals. the music almost seems to have a soundscape quality to it. things are less frantic, songs are more melodic and the overall structures are more monotonous.

i DO like where they are going, but it is certainly not classic KD.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Can never get enough of Abigail, still the best rock drumming album of all time.

Mikki Dee was unbelievable on it.

Comment

Them is one of my all time favs!!
                I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                  Can never get enough of Abigail, still the best rock drumming album of all time.

Mikki Dee was unbelievable on it.
                  totally. the drumming under the last solo of the "black horseman" is some of the best drumming EVER!!!!!! i still can't believe he is in motorhead.....
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

King Diamond needs to get Mikkey back and breathe some life into the band. The production has become too bland, the guitar sound isn't distinct. Everything is too flat and lifeless.

Comment

I thought the main riff sounded too much like Painkiller..
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                        totally. the drumming under the last solo of the "black horseman" is some of the best drumming EVER!!!!!! i still can't believe he is in motorhead.....
                        Tell me about it, Motorhead??!!??!!

Funny story, my best friend (who feels the same way about Mikki's playing on Abigail) saw him live with Don Dokken (remember Mikki played on Don's solo record back in 1990 (?)) and said he was average at best. I don't know if it was playing the Dokken stuff or just a bad night, but he said even the drum solo was nothing special.

Kind of suprised to hear that.

Comment

Mikkey Dee rules! His playing in Motorhead is fantastic, too.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was never a Motohead fan but when I saw them live...Mikkey is the shit!

even though the Motorhead formula is quite routine Mikkey made it sound like nothing I ever heard before.

In KD he had the coolest disjointed shit...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I can dig it,,,I loves me some Diamond
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X