Adrain Smith - Classic Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrain Smith - Classic Albums

Anybody see this show on VH1 Classic. Where they sit down with band members and talk about one of their classic albums? I just saw the Maiden episode where they are discussing NOTB. Did anyone else. It is showing AS sitting down playing a floyded strat and playing bits of some of the tunes. He is using a little black box to get his tone and at one point it shows him reaching over and turning a know. Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody know what the little black box is?

I saw it, pretty cool. I think he was playing through a J-station, it's a POD kinda thing. I liked all the stories and the soloed guitars from the mixing board. Nothing ever sounded like that when it came out, freaking wicked awsome hey!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I HAVE a J-Station, and STILL love it, after over 8 years. One of my best investments, ever. Still use it for effects, live, through the loop of my half stack, along with the controller pedal. Just might have to check out that episode, and see what's doin'.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Anybody else buy the ASAP (Adrian Smith and Project) album? I may have to dig that thing out and give it a spin.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

That Classic Albums TV series is also on DVD. I have the DVDs for "The Number Of The Beast" and Def Leppard's "Hysteria".

Episode list here: http://www.tv.com/classic-albums/sho...ag=nav_bar;all

Adrian Smith And Project discussion here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69030

Comment

it's a great series. I own NOTB & British Steel, but have seen a bunch more. I think a lot of them are worthy of owning. Particularly Bat Out Of Hell, Rumours, Machine Head, Disraeli Gears, Electric Ladyland, Who's Next, Catch a Fire, A Night at the Opera. The Aja episode was good too, although I've never really gotten into Steely Dan.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Very good show.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Do the DVD's feature more than the VH1 stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                  Do the DVD's feature more than the VH1 stuff?
                  The DVDs contain a whole section of "bonus material" that I'm not sure is actually broadcast on the VH1 shows. We don't get VH1 up here in Canada, so I can't confirm.

Friggin' album just celebrated its 25th anniversary of its release back in March 2007. I wasn't even born then. What a classic!

Comment

Here are a couple of clips from the show, with Adrian playing riffs from the album:

"The Number Of The Beast":
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dave seems to prefer playing that riff downstrokes-only. I try Adrian's way above with the occasional rhythmic upstroke and it gets messy.

"Children Of The Damned", with licks that sound a little like "Infinite Dreams":
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Adrian also plays the intro for the rhythm section for "Run To The Hills" on the DVD but I can't find it anywhere on Youtube.

Pretty damn sweet low-volume/bedroom-jamming tone in both videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      Here are a couple of clips from the show,
                      Pretty damn sweet low-volume/bedroom-jamming tone in both videos.

yeah man. thats why I posted about the little black box he is tweaking on.

Comment

he is such a great player.

thanks for posting those clips man.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          Adrian also plays the intro for the rhythm section for "Run To The Hills" on the DVD but I can't find it anywhere on Youtube.
                          Forgot to add that I seem to remember Adrian also playing that classical-inspired pre-solo riff in "The Prisoner" in the DVD as well.

Okay, I'm done trying to remember content on that disc. I should really get around to watching it again.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            I think a lot of them are worthy of owning. Particularly Bat Out Of Hell.....
                            I actually borrowed that one from a friend the other day. Great dvd. Todd Rundgren played some tasty licks on the title track

Comment

Working...
                            X