No announcement yet.

yngwie Tries to set a guitar on fire and cant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh.. its great to see those old clips. Having the guitar come unplugged and no roadie. I first thought he dumped a flash pot on there, probably would have better off if he had done so. Man he was together playingwise at that age tho.

Comment

why didnt he use lighter fluid or some "fluid" ?? But that WAS funny! That guitar anyway sounded horrible. it deserves to be burnt!!

I've never understood the "burning" or destroying of guitars. In the past, when a death sentence was delivered in court, the judge would smash the pen and break it signifying that its the end and that no one can "change" the man's fate. Is guitar smashing something similar? Is that supposed to mean no one with that guitar should/could do a show as good as that? Nowadays there's hardly any guitars being destroyed. I guess people has realised that someday if they make it big, those guitars will fetch a lot of money.
      Sam

Comment

Well it is pulling out the stops of showmanship. His was borrowed from Blackmore as well as Hendrix tho. Good way to get out the angst as well as show the audience your willing to go to all ends to entertain them. You could see he was almost laughing to himself on this tho.

Comment

What was he using? packets of Kool-Aid? NOT FLAMMABLE MAN!
          www.myspace.com/madeaband
          www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

He made such a dork out of himself, in a way that's even more Rock N roll.

As for that second one, the danger of clips like those is that people who aren't aware of Malmsteen might think that's really his way of playing. I already found out that people take those overdubbed clips as the legit article and I already have heard people in guitarshops go "Malmsteen, he can't play for shit, off key and no sense of melody at all." and when I ask them where they got that notion from they tell me that they saw it on youtube "That fat bastard was bragging about being the best and he played terrible." Luckily I can put them right but it's still a risk that kids who are starting out playing guitar and have no notion about anything yet will take that as the legit article.

Comment

Spinal Tap Live!!
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                He made such a dork out of himself, in a way that's even more Rock N roll.

As for that second one, the danger of clips like those is that people who aren't aware of Malmsteen might think that's really his way of playing. I already found out that people take those overdubbed clips as the legit article and I already have heard people in guitarshops go "Malmsteen, he can't play for shit, off key and no sense of melody at all." and when I ask them where they got that notion from they tell me that they saw it on youtube "That fat bastard was bragging about being the best and he played terrible." Luckily I can put them right but it's still a risk that kids who are starting out playing guitar and have no notion about anything yet will take that as the legit article.

I don't consider that a DANGER. I consider it a really interesting way of weeding out the morons.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

These are actually my favorites
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTydm...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2-jV...related&search=

:ROTF:
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If someone takes this video here for real ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evTTH...elated&search= ) then they should indeed put their guitar on ebay and quit!

Hillarious! :ROTF:

Comment

Hey dudes... this is from a f'n kickass concert... and I've been looking for it in its entirety for ages! I borrowed it a long time ago from a guy I knew.

If anyone knows if the entire show is available for download - please let me know!
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Loved some of the comments, too. "Cocaine isn't flammable" "That wasn't cocaine, it was blush". Sweet. Z

Comment

Working...
                        X