No announcement yet.

Gretchen banging out baracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuggin fantastic show... cantrell has the heart tone down to a science....
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Gretchen did a great job and looked might fine too. I thought ZZ's set was pretty weak. Ozzy is most functional on stage. Get him off the stage and he's a mess.

Comment

Sorry if I should know this, but who is the other guitar player?
        That's the guy singing with AIC now?
        I heard him, I think it was during the Heart tribute or whatever, I thought he kinda sucked.

Comment

I recorded it on my DVR. I only watched the ZZ and Heart segments so far.

Didn't care for Nickelback's guitar player's tone. It seemed kind of weak, or something...can't place my finger on what I didn't like about it...too sloppy maybe...who knows, because normally I like his tone. Chad Kroeger sang the song pretty good though, and I liked the tone on his solo.

Agree that ZZ's set was kind of week, but Billy can still play the $h!t out of that guitar.

AIC and Gretchen Wilson...not much else to add, Cantrell has the tone down, and Gretchen (like she said) is the third Wilson sister. She killed Barracuda. Also agree that Ann can sing circles around her...that's about 98% of the population, though.

I liked Heart's performance...except where the F^#K is Magic Man?!?!

I'll have to see the rest sometime soon.

Comment

That was probably my favorite Heart tribute ever. That said, she DID have problems hitting the high notes in the choruses, but, for crying out loud, those notes are UP there! Ann really set the bar, high.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
              Sorry if I should know this, but who is the other guitar player?
              That's the guy singing with AIC now?
              I heard him, I think it was during the Heart tribute or whatever, I thought he kinda sucked.
              1. William Duvall

2. Yes

3. You're entitled to your opinion, but he's incredibly talented, and is not only a great singer, but a good guitar player as well. You should see him in his other band "Comes with the Fall"... Slag on him if you must. He sang great backups for Gretchen - he took the high parts!!

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco View Post
                Didn't care for Nickelback's guitar player's tone. It seemed kind of weak, or something...can't place my finger on what I didn't like about it...too sloppy maybe...who knows, because normally I like his tone. Chad Kroeger sang the song pretty good though, and I liked the tone on his solo.
                Nickelback nailed it! And I'm not really even a fan of their's...

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco View Post

I liked Heart's performance...except where the F^#K is Magic Man?!?!
                  I think that song's probably very painful for Ann. It was written about Mike Fisher, the guy who truly broke her heart. I sorta think she never got over him... which makes me sad, she is SO incredible a singer, and she was so beautiful too. She'll always be Dreamboat Annie to me though...
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Gretchen sounds fantastic until Ann grabs the mic. Then you realize just how amazing Ann is. We were lucky to catch Heart a number of times when we lived in Seattle - they are unbelievable live.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Probably the one and only time i'll ever enjoy listening to Nickelback. Chad's voice actually sounded cool for once.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Hopefully it was mutual respect. Nancy is still SMOKIN'!! I love seeing her playing with Cantrell... What a cool thing they have going on.

I think the Wilson sisters played with AIC on a couple of tunes from the "SAP" EP. I think that is what started the whole Heart / AIC collaboration into motion. Jerry said the sisters were recording in the same studio, both are from Seattle, and they jammed, and it took off from there.

Comment

Here is the link to the Barracuda performance for those of you that have not seen it:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT: I just noticed that Siggy14 posted a link, too.
                          Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 05-27-2007, 12:32 PM.
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Some good stuff there, but that Queens of the Stone Age cover of Paranoid SUCKED!

Comment

Wow, I had no idea Gretchen could sing like that. She's wasting that talent doing 'contemporary country', though I'm sure her bank account is much the better for it.

Too bad they couldn't arranged a reunion of the classic Heart with Howard Leese, Roger Fisher, Mike Derosier and Steve Fossen. Lots of personal drama, I guess.

Comment

I'm not a Nickelback fan at all...but I think they did a pretty good job.

I also thought the guitar tone they had was really close to Billy G's Eliminator tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X