No announcement yet.

Gretchen banging out baracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also remembered hearing them say how they will go over ann or nancy's and jam all the time since they are all from the same area.

Originally posted by OUTLAW1969 View Post
    I think the Wilson sisters played with AIC on a couple of tunes from the "SAP" EP. I think that is what started the whole Heart / AIC collaboration into motion. Jerry said the sisters were recording in the same studio, both are from Seattle, and they jammed, and it took off from there.

Comment

thanks for sharing - I thought gretchen rocked it. Always a big fan of Heart growing up. And what can else can you say about ZZ TOP ...and you can never have enough of that pinch harmonic can you?

Nickelback did ok - made it current a bit I guess...but I don't need ZZ current - I like 'em just the way they were on Eliminator especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Some good stuff there, but that Queens of the Stone Age cover of Paranoid SUCKED!

+10000000

I couldn't believe that there wasn't another band that they could have thrown up there to do the tribute (anybody, please, come on!). I'm getting tired of all those bands who do the "tune down to C" crap. It doesn't really make it heavier IMO, just makes it downtuned crap....

I thought Nickelback and AIC with Gretchen Wilson (she was excellent) were both fantastic. Ending with the Ozz man just topped it off!

Comment

I was able to score some tickets for a concert last year with her. 1- VanZandt opened for her. 2- nothing like watching a hot lady sing

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            I think that song's probably very painful for Ann. It was written about Mike Fisher, the guy who truly broke her heart. I sorta think she never got over him... which makes me sad, she is SO incredible a singer, and she was so beautiful too. She'll always be Dreamboat Annie to me though...
            She was once definitely the hotter of the two sisters.

Comment

Just saw this show. Thought it was pretty cool.
              ZZTop wasn't week in my opinion. There set ran kinda hot and cold even
              within the same song though. Billy hit a couple of clams it seemed to me but it was definately pretty kick ass. Ozzy was great! One thing that bugs me though, when the guitar player solos (especialy when it's fucking Zak) put the god damn camera on him. They did when he was inches from Ozzy, but other times not. When there's a guitar solo going on, no offense to Ozzy, but I'd rather watch that, then watch Ozzy clapping or more often him looking at Zak solo. DUH!

And what was that guitar Zak had? It was a Gibson, but what?

Comment

May I direct your attention here?

(duh)
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn, Ann still has it... Umm, in a big way, She can still sing amazingly well tho.

Forgot how much I enjoyed that Album when it came out. Quite well done fror the time.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Yea, sorry about that. Saw that thread just after I posted. That's what you get for not scanning down the thread titles first. karl

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      Gretchen sounds fantastic until Ann grabs the mic. Then you realize just how amazing Ann is. We were lucky to catch Heart a number of times when we lived in Seattle - they are unbelievable live.
                      You're right, but she did pretty damn good - only missed the very highest note and hit the one below it very well for anyone other than Ann Wilson.

Nancy seemed to enjoy it. I bet she's heard more people TRY to sing that song in the last 30 years, and that was probably as close as anybody besides Ann can come to nailing it. Gretchen has balls for singing the song with Ann in the building; that'd be like playing Black Star with Yngwie watching!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I thought Gretchen and AIC did a great job. Nickleback did a pretty good job on their cover too. IMHO Heart and the two previously mentioned bands stole the whole show. No other act was even close, well except maybe for Robin Williams.

The ZZ Top set was lackluster. I was expecting to be blown away, and was damn pissed that I wasn't.

Ozzy's new album does absolutely zero to impress me. If I want to hear rehashed BLS...I'll listen to BLS. Ozzy's set didn't impress me one damn bit either. Queens of the Stone Age blew swollen donkey dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          1. William Duvall

2. Yes

3. You're entitled to your opinion, but he's incredibly talented, and is not only a great singer, but a good guitar player as well. You should see him in his other band "Comes with the Fall"... Slag on him if you must. He sang great backups for Gretchen - he took the high parts!!
                          Well, could've been a number of things, it's really the only time I've ever heard him.

Comment

I thought gretchen did a great job
                            here's some live Magic man for you
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                            X