New Dream Theater album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dream Theater album!

So far, I'm liking this one! Which surprised me, because I was less than thrilled with the single Constant Motion. It's great Petrucci, but the singing didn't really do it for me on that one, James Labrie has done much better. On a whole though, this thing is killer. Thumps way up.

I will reserve my thumps until I hear the whole album.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Well, I finished up the whole album about an hour ago, I'd say most of the album is great! I love In the presence of enemies(both one and two), and Prophets of War is awesome too. I'm aware that it doesn't officially release until next Tuesday, am I the only one who got hold of one early?

Comment

I love the album as well. Prophets Of War is the only track I can see myself skipping in the future, but for now I like it.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I have the CD/DVD version on order and am eagerly anticipating it.

My brother is a huge DT fan and I must admit, I'm listening to them again a lot more lately. I'm hopeful that the new CD will be a good one.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

DT lost me when they kept putting out more Train of Thought trash. Is the new album the same generic 7-string heaviness, or back to more of their prog-rock influences?
              Scott

Comment

How does it compare to Octavarium?
                Sam

Comment

If it's more 7-string crap, I'm out. Shame, as I've been a fan since Images And Words.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

It's a diligent mix of almost all of their own older sounds + some new inspirations. It's really hard to explain, but some moments I swear I'm listening to something I haven't heard before off of Awake, the other moment it's Scenes or SDOIT. I think it's really cool.

There are some octavarium-like sounds in there as well. That's still where they are now a little, I guess. Didn't get any ToT vibe from it, though.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

mh...frankly, i hated octavarium (really, there's not even ONE mediocre song on that record, let alone a good one). loved ToT however....

Comment

I listened to some songs off of it at my friend's house last night. It is definitely a return to their older sound. Reminded me a lot of Awake and Scenes, with a little of the modern DT sound mixed in. I will most likely be picking this up when it comes out.
                        Scott

Comment

I think that DT kicks ass but thier singer is really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            How does it compare to Octavarium?

Well a band cant possible make a worse record that octavarium.

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
                              I think that DT kicks ass but thier singer is really bad.
                              That was my thoughts as well, James Lebrie just isn't the same anymore.... I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X