just saw Nuno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just saw Nuno

Satellite Party did a 75 min show today at like 4:15, outside in Venice.

pretty cool to be 5 feet away from Nuno shredding on that beat up plain finish N4. he had a Marshall JCM2000 half stack and a GT8.
    the band was solid. super hot blonde keyboard player who also played a bit of rhythm guitar. their new songs are pretty good too.

Perry Farrell sounded great. they did a couple Janes' songs for the crowd, Stop and Mt Song - jazzed up by the new band.

fun day at Venice Beach!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Very cool. I've always looked at Nino as an influence. Talk about a really underrated player and songwriter. So many people wrote him off as a Halen clone. I picked up a british guitar magazine while in Canada a couple weeks ago and they had a really good interview with him on the new project. I look forward to hearing the disk tomorrow.

Comment

nuno was always under the radar...but he can hang with the best....also looking foward to the new disc

Comment

here's a couple pics of that free gig.
        what's up with the hat on Nuno? the keyboard chick was hawt! good musician too.
        and a shot of his amps behind Perry.

Comment

I wouldn't say Nuno was underrated..the dude is amazing and had a sig guitar when many haven't at that time..he did vids, on mags sold many records..and goes by first name only. Many great players would be happy to be that underrated.

Like many, he fell off the planet when ebonic "metal" took over and shred wasn't cool anymore..but now its back..therefore so is he, and many others in the "where are they now" catagory..and I like that!

I think Nuno can play most of Ed's licks..but I don't think Ed can play most of Nuno's on his best day..seriously.."do you wanna play"..and so many others..that's shit is plain sick. But Ed threw the ball that many caught and ran with..

I saw Extreme open for DLR (w/o Vai) back in the day and the man looked bored to tears and pissed off for some reason..but he played his ass off.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've seen Nuno 2x with Satellite Party and both times he tore it up. and I never liked much Extreme.

Nuno can play. every once in a while he'll do something that you're like WTF? like just another level of shredding or harmonics melodies in sweep picking, shit like that. I was impressed.

it's weird seeing how skinny he is too. like rail thin.

Comment

Nuno is awesome - the first two Extreme records rule....
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

+1, nuno is killer.

Comment

Nuno is the funkiest rock guitarist ever... he has written the scariest riffs ever... how the fuck can someone come up with that shit... like "He-Man Woman Hater" jeez... that's insane
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Nuno rules...Perry Farrell not so much. Still going to pick up the cd though.

Comment

Working...
                    X