Slaughterfest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
    Argos, we can agree to disagree..I've seen Cattle and Cephalic several times (3 and 5 respectively). Only one time did either suck. That was Cattle Decapitation..you just couldn't hear the vocals..I swear his mic was OFF..all the other times for both bands have been great for me.
    Yes, them being horrible is solely my opinion I have just seen them both so many times that I have a really hard time sitting through their set anymore.

Comment

Decapitated didn't kill? Those guys are so tight and every album they put out is better than the last one. Of course it's just me, but I think that is one of the few good death metal bands around, especially currently.

Out of that lineup I would have only wanted to see them and Insect Warfare, but only Insect Warfare because they try to sound like old Earache bands like Napalm Death and Carcass and stuff. Did you see them?

Comment

Here's Arsis' Myspace page with some clips. I prefer the older stuff, from the bottom up:

These guys got their start here locally, but have moved on to greener pastures since the scene here is pretty weak. I know this vocal style isn't for everyone. It's not always my cup of tea either, but one thing I know for sure is that James Malone is an incredibly talented guy. It's mindblowing to see him play some of those intricate parts while handling the vox. The original drummer was not of this earth, either. Just a friggin monster.

Comment

Cephalic Carnage???? Why would you want to call your band that?I guess if you don't know the meaning of either word it sounds gruesome.
          Do they have a mutilated penis in their logo?Holy shit those are some retarded band names.
          I know cephalic means having to do with the head but I was making a joke so all you guys with the black fingernail polish dont get all pissed.
          Last edited by straycat; 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I happen to know those guys I'll be sure to let them all know what you think of their band name

Comment

Well I'll tell them you said they suck and sound terrible live.You said it I didn't.I've never heard them so I don't have an opinion.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

WTF you doin' on this thread then?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd love to see that line-up. I had to travel a couple of hundred miles just to catch Decapitated. They slayed live. Of all the bands I've seen they sounded better than anyone else live, and they looked like they were having fun onstage too.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Cephalic Carnage???? Why would you want to call your band that?I guess if you don't know the meaning of either word it sounds gruesome.
                    Do they have a mutilated penis in their logo?Holy shit those are some retarded band names.
                    I know cephalic means having to do with the head but I was making a joke so all you guys with the black fingernail polish dont get all pissed.
                    Cephalic Carnage means you're heads messed up AKA you're all stoned. Those guys are stoners.

Comment

Working...
                    X