Tommy Emmanuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Emmanuel

Went and saw Tommy Emmanuel last night at BB Kings in Manhattan. . Unbelievable show.

He had an 18 years old kid named Kiernan Murphy or something like that. I wanted to throw a bottle at the kid when he was done.:ROTF: You shouldn't be allowed to play that good at 18.

I know now, its time to burn my guitars........:ROTF:
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

he was just here in Boston last week
    Great show the guy is good.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
      he was just here in Boston last week
      Great show the guy is good.
      Did he have that kid opening for him... I really enjoyed the show when i saw him. How the hell does he get those sounds out of his guitar. I swear he was playing lead, rhythm, bass and drums at the same time. Unbelievable.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I grew up watching him on tv over here. He used to occasionally appear on this Saturday night comedy/variety program. Sometimes he would do a parlour trick (I believe he picked it up off Chet Atkins) where he plays two different melodies on the guitar at the same time, and they would have contestants picked out of the audience try to identify both melodies.

Plus he can rip it up on electric too when the fancy takes him.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Whats his name?

Comment

he's got a brother named phill,who is heaps good to.

Comment

I saw him 3 weeks ago in PA for the first time, and was so damn blown away that I saw him again Saturday night here in town. Absolutely, positively mind-blowing. I've never seen ANYTHING like it!!
              Sunday he had a rare day off (he said he plays 345-350 nights a year!) so he did a small guitar workshop here, where people of all playing levels were told to bring thier guitars. I went to that too.
              He showed alot of his "tricks", like his cascading harmonics, and doing the one-man-band thing. He basically has a totally independant thumb on his right hand. He plays the bass lines AND the chords at the same time with his thumb using a thumbpick, and then uses his other 4 fingers to pick out the melody while all that's going on. Check out him doing a Beatles medley on You Tube to see him playing all the parts at once. Fukkin amazing. He was the nicest dude too...the class ran WAY overtime, but he just stuck around until all the questions were done and everybody had things signed that they wanted autographed. I'll definitely be seeing him live again, and going to any more workshops that he has. I haven't touched an electric in 3 weeks now, and I've put in more time practicing these techniques on my acoustic than I have shredding on my electrics in ages. Lotsa fun!

Comment

Watched his live dvd last night. he's unreal!! wow
                Mayzan
                Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Working...
                X