Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Lonely Boys - great musicians, great people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Lonely Boys - great musicians, great people!

I saw Indigenous and Los Lonely Boys play last night, and it was a great show - highly recommended. Indigenous was good. LLB were fantastic.

LLB are great musicians, fantastic singers, excellent songwriters and amazing showmen. To top it off, they are also very nice people. I was lucky enough to meet and shake hands with them after the show, and they were extremely gracious and expressed thanks to everyone for coming to see the show and to visit them afterward. They are a class act, and I HIGHLY recommend going to see Los Lonely Boys if they come through your town. Their live DVD is also outstanding.

Gearwise, Henry Garza (guitar) played a Marshall head (looked like it said JCM 2000, but I couldn't say for certain) with 1 4x12, and then he had a Fender combo amp on each side of it (looked like Twin Reverbs), for a total of 3 amps. The roadies originally put a Tone Tubby 4x12 out for him, but they replaced that with another 4x12 with no logo on it before the show started. He switched off between 3 Fender Mexican Strats (sunburst, pink & black) and sounded fantastic. His brother played a 6 string bass (not sure of the brand) and just absolutely killed. The mix sounded great, the vocals and musicianship was virtually flawless, and the whole band was tight, energetic, and in a word - amazing.

them seem very down to earth(llb). i think they are outstanding musicians.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

For some reason I never got into them. I think they're good, I'm just not a fan. I like their guitar players tone though.

Comment

They're very good musicians, although I think Henry tries to sound like SRV a bit too much at times, at least he USED to. don't know what he's doing now. I have one of their DVDs, and the last song is just phenominal. Their playing their guitars with one hand, thier playing each others guitars, while strumming their own, the bassist plays his 6-stringer on the ground, etc. Very good stage show. They were just in town for a free show, and didn' have a chance to get out and see them. Bummer.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I always preferred Indigenous of the two, but LLB's are cool.

Comment

How could you tell that they were Mexican Strats? I've only seen him play vintage equipment.
            "POOP"

Comment

I read about him using Mexican Strats in a guitar magazine, and the guitar he was playing looked like what was shown in the magazine (well, the Sunburst did, anyway).

I understand that his tech does some work to them, though (larger frets and new electronics, as I recall).

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                I read about him using Mexican Strats in a guitar magazine, and the guitar he was playing looked like what was shown in the magazine (well, the Sunburst did, anyway).

I understand that his tech does some work to them, though (larger frets and new electronics, as I recall).

They are dynamite and they've been around for a loooooong time. Their dad was a musician and they used to regularly perform with him as little kids. Reese Wyans (SRV keyboadist) jumped up on stage with them. Alot of energy.

d
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Henry Garza amazes me every time I see a clip of him - would love to see them live! He'll never get away from the SRV comparison, though. Just the way it is. Doesn't matter to me cuz he smokes!!
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
                    They are dynamite and they've been around for a loooooong time. Their dad was a musician and they used to regularly perform with him as little kids. Reese Wyans (SRV keyboadist) jumped up on stage with them. Alot of energy.

d
                    +1 I saw them last July 4th in Houston. Their Dad came out and played a few Country tunes. He can hang with the best of them. He's a proud Pappa of his sons and I think he really got a kick out of playing for such a large crowd!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I saw them live a couple of years ago. They sound great. I love Henry's tone. He does play mexican strats that his tech modifies for him. They are a great Power Trio, with all three brother doing a great job on the vocals. The Bass player is really good, actually all three have really done a great job of mastering their respective instruments. Check out their live dvd that have some great stuff that they do on stage.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                        Henry Garza amazes me every time I see a clip of him - would love to see them live! He'll never get away from the SRV comparison, though. Just the way it is. Doesn't matter to me cuz he smokes!!

True, wouldn't any of us love for someone to say that we sound like SRV. I'll take that anyday. To me personally he sounds like a mix between SRV and Santana. Being Mexican-American it's nice to have another guitar hero with a similar background.
                        Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                        X