Kenny Wayne Sheppard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Wayne Sheppard?

Who the hell is this? I heard his song Blue on Black on the radio today and now its stuck in my head. Some great SRV-esque guitar playing on this song, but does anyone know about him?

ahh, about ten years ago they touted him a new blues wunderkinder to follow in SRV footfalls, that is until Johnny Lang. That song, once on regular airplay and charts is about that old too.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
      ahh, about ten years ago they touted him a the new blues wunderkinder to follow in SRV footfalls, that is until Johnny Lang. That song, once on regular airplay and charts is about that old too.
      Yep +1. He's been around quite sometime. He has a lot of influnce from SRV.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

He's a pretty good player but hasn't really come up with any really good songs since that one (that I've heard - I'm no expert on his stuff)

Comment

He's from my hometown. As far as I'm concerned, he's a lot better rock guitarist than a blues player. Lot's of talent but until he learns to sing, I don't expect him to go too far.
          "POOP"

Comment

He sings now, too. I think he actually sings quite well. I love his playing. It's true that he is very much in the SRV vein, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, and his execution is excellent. I'm a big fan of Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Comment

One of my favorite players. If you want more to check out, grab a copy of his album Ledbetter Heights. It was pre blue on black which is on his Trouble Is album. One of my favorite songs is his solo on Ledbetter call While We Cry. Of coarse I like SRV to. But KWS really got me hooked on that sound, then I discovered SRV. Although I know it should be the other way around. Take it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by dk1ben View Post
                One of my favorite players. If you want more to check out, grab a copy of his album Ledbetter Heights. It was pre blue on black which is on his Trouble Is album. One of my favorite songs is his solo on Ledbetter call While We Cry. Of coarse I like SRV to. But KWS really got me hooked on that sound, then I discovered SRV. Although I know it should be the other way around. Take it easy.
                Ledbetter Heights is a good one. There was a tune that got a bit of airplay called "Dejavoodoo" and it was sweet! I liked that vocalist a little better than the one who replaced him (I think KWS does the singing now).

Good picker, definitely

Comment

Yea Noah was a good fit. I dont have KWS latest cd in front of me but if I recall correctly KWS and Noah both have songs they sing on the album. Not a bad album but it is growing thin with no real sound. Kinda old hat now IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dk1ben View Post
                    Yea Noah was a good fit. I dont have KWS latest cd in front of me but if I recall correctly KWS and Noah both have songs they sing on the album. Not a bad album but it is growing thin with no real sound. Kinda old hat now IMO.

Yeah, Noah was one of the best vocalist I've heard. Most of Kenny Wayne's song are good. Saw him live with Noah. A great show and a great guitarist. He was a little high that night too........
                    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I bought one of his last CDs the one he sings most of the songs on and it was horrible.

I think he was trying to be to pop or something, no real guitar playing on it.

J.

Comment

hes fun to listen to.

Comment

I like him. He has the SRV influence but it was cool because he has a more modern tone than SRV did and isn't just trying to be SRV the second.

Matt

Comment

he's alright!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

KWS - haven't heard of this guy for some time. Blue on Black is the only song I think I've heard of his. Good song.

No, I think their's another song of his I've heard, but the name escapes me. It was pretty popular I believe.

Hmmmm......
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                              X